Apr 21, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
A couple quick NASCAR Sprint Cup Series notes heading into this weekend’s race at Richmond International Raceway:
- As a result of the fluid situation at Swan Racing, where the team’s status is uncertain due to a lack of sponsorship, driver Cole Whitt is the first on the proverbial chopping block unsure of his future. Via Sporting News’ Bob Pockrass, a representative from Whitt’s management group, Fuel Sports Management Group, said Whitt does not have a ride for this weekend’s race. Whitt’s best finish this season in the team’s No. 26 Toyota was 18th at Auto Club Speedway last month.
- Local sponsor Newtown Building Supplies of Hampton Roads, Va. will sponsor David Stremme‘s No. 33 Chevrolet this weekend. Stremme’s been in the car since Martinsville but has only a 36th (Darlington) and 39th (Martinsville) place finish in two starts; he also failed to qualify for the race at Texas Motor Speedway.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 1
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 7
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 2
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 2
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 8
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches
Search player news RotoWorld