Apr 21, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
A couple quick NASCAR Sprint Cup Series notes heading into this weekend’s race at Richmond International Raceway:
- As a result of the fluid situation at Swan Racing, where the team’s status is uncertain due to a lack of sponsorship, driver Cole Whitt is the first on the proverbial chopping block unsure of his future. Via Sporting News’ Bob Pockrass, a representative from Whitt’s management group, Fuel Sports Management Group, said Whitt does not have a ride for this weekend’s race. Whitt’s best finish this season in the team’s No. 26 Toyota was 18th at Auto Club Speedway last month.
- Local sponsor Newtown Building Supplies of Hampton Roads, Va. will sponsor David Stremme‘s No. 33 Chevrolet this weekend. Stremme’s been in the car since Martinsville but has only a 36th (Darlington) and 39th (Martinsville) place finish in two starts; he also failed to qualify for the race at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 0
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 10
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 53