Apr 21, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
A couple quick NASCAR Sprint Cup Series notes heading into this weekend’s race at Richmond International Raceway:
- As a result of the fluid situation at Swan Racing, where the team’s status is uncertain due to a lack of sponsorship, driver Cole Whitt is the first on the proverbial chopping block unsure of his future. Via Sporting News’ Bob Pockrass, a representative from Whitt’s management group, Fuel Sports Management Group, said Whitt does not have a ride for this weekend’s race. Whitt’s best finish this season in the team’s No. 26 Toyota was 18th at Auto Club Speedway last month.
- Local sponsor Newtown Building Supplies of Hampton Roads, Va. will sponsor David Stremme‘s No. 33 Chevrolet this weekend. Stremme’s been in the car since Martinsville but has only a 36th (Darlington) and 39th (Martinsville) place finish in two starts; he also failed to qualify for the race at Texas Motor Speedway.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: FP3 for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 17
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches
Search player news RotoWorld