Apr 21, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
A couple quick NASCAR Sprint Cup Series notes heading into this weekend’s race at Richmond International Raceway:
- As a result of the fluid situation at Swan Racing, where the team’s status is uncertain due to a lack of sponsorship, driver Cole Whitt is the first on the proverbial chopping block unsure of his future. Via Sporting News’ Bob Pockrass, a representative from Whitt’s management group, Fuel Sports Management Group, said Whitt does not have a ride for this weekend’s race. Whitt’s best finish this season in the team’s No. 26 Toyota was 18th at Auto Club Speedway last month.
- Local sponsor Newtown Building Supplies of Hampton Roads, Va. will sponsor David Stremme‘s No. 33 Chevrolet this weekend. Stremme’s been in the car since Martinsville but has only a 36th (Darlington) and 39th (Martinsville) place finish in two starts; he also failed to qualify for the race at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0
- Report: Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- Mario Andretti gets Jay Leno up to speed — and then some 1
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 1
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 2
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 6
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1