Apr 22, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Start to get to know the name now – Daniel Suarez will make his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut this weekend at Richmond for Joe Gibbs Racing, and he’s getting to be on the radar among NASCAR’s stock of up-and-coming drivers.
Suarez already has four NASCAR touring series wins this season: two from three starts in the NASCAR Toyota Mexico Series, where he’s the points leader, and also two victories in four starts in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, where he’s currently second in points.
Suarez, 22, is a native of Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico and one of the NASCAR Next drivers. JGR has a keen eye for young talent so it will be interesting to see how he gets on this weekend.
Photo: Getty Images for NASCAR
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 1
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 1
- NHRA shakeup: Tom Compton retires as president, Peter Clifford named successor 3
- Ed Carpenter: driver criticism of IndyCar ‘confusing for fans’ 12
- Hawksworth: “I wouldn’t say it was crazy; it was exciting” 2
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0