Apr 22, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Start to get to know the name now – Daniel Suarez will make his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut this weekend at Richmond for Joe Gibbs Racing, and he’s getting to be on the radar among NASCAR’s stock of up-and-coming drivers.
Suarez already has four NASCAR touring series wins this season: two from three starts in the NASCAR Toyota Mexico Series, where he’s the points leader, and also two victories in four starts in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, where he’s currently second in points.
Suarez, 22, is a native of Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico and one of the NASCAR Next drivers. JGR has a keen eye for young talent so it will be interesting to see how he gets on this weekend.
Photo: Getty Images for NASCAR
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0