Apr 22, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
Whether it be NASCAR, IndyCar, NHRA or sports car racing, it’s become fairly routine for TV broadcasts to give in-car action during the course of a race.
But it’s rare to actually see an entire race on video from the driver’s seat.
That’s why we really enjoyed Mike Skeen‘s video from last week’s Pirelli World Challenge GT race in Long Beach.
We always knew some of parts of the Long Beach street course were pretty tight, but you get a whole different perspective of just how tight they are as seen from Skeen’s eyes while driving the Hawk Performance/CRP Racing Audi R8 LMS Ultra.
Check out the video below. Even though Skeen ultimately finished sixth, it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “ride-along.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1