Apr 22, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Whether it be NASCAR, IndyCar, NHRA or sports car racing, it’s become fairly routine for TV broadcasts to give in-car action during the course of a race.
But it’s rare to actually see an entire race on video from the driver’s seat.
That’s why we really enjoyed Mike Skeen‘s video from last week’s Pirelli World Challenge GT race in Long Beach.
We always knew some of parts of the Long Beach street course were pretty tight, but you get a whole different perspective of just how tight they are as seen from Skeen’s eyes while driving the Hawk Performance/CRP Racing Audi R8 LMS Ultra.
Check out the video below. Even though Skeen ultimately finished sixth, it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “ride-along.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- WATCH LIVE: Malaysian GP qualifying at 5a ET on NBCSN and Live Extra 0
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 2
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 5
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0