Apr 22, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Whether it be NASCAR, IndyCar, NHRA or sports car racing, it’s become fairly routine for TV broadcasts to give in-car action during the course of a race.
But it’s rare to actually see an entire race on video from the driver’s seat.
That’s why we really enjoyed Mike Skeen‘s video from last week’s Pirelli World Challenge GT race in Long Beach.
We always knew some of parts of the Long Beach street course were pretty tight, but you get a whole different perspective of just how tight they are as seen from Skeen’s eyes while driving the Hawk Performance/CRP Racing Audi R8 LMS Ultra.
Check out the video below. Even though Skeen ultimately finished sixth, it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “ride-along.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 8
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 6
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1