Apr 22, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Whether it be NASCAR, IndyCar, NHRA or sports car racing, it’s become fairly routine for TV broadcasts to give in-car action during the course of a race.
But it’s rare to actually see an entire race on video from the driver’s seat.
That’s why we really enjoyed Mike Skeen‘s video from last week’s Pirelli World Challenge GT race in Long Beach.
We always knew some of parts of the Long Beach street course were pretty tight, but you get a whole different perspective of just how tight they are as seen from Skeen’s eyes while driving the Hawk Performance/CRP Racing Audi R8 LMS Ultra.
Check out the video below. Even though Skeen ultimately finished sixth, it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “ride-along.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 0
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 36
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 1
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0