Apr 22, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Whether it be NASCAR, IndyCar, NHRA or sports car racing, it’s become fairly routine for TV broadcasts to give in-car action during the course of a race.
But it’s rare to actually see an entire race on video from the driver’s seat.
That’s why we really enjoyed Mike Skeen‘s video from last week’s Pirelli World Challenge GT race in Long Beach.
We always knew some of parts of the Long Beach street course were pretty tight, but you get a whole different perspective of just how tight they are as seen from Skeen’s eyes while driving the Hawk Performance/CRP Racing Audi R8 LMS Ultra.
Check out the video below. Even though Skeen ultimately finished sixth, it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “ride-along.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1