Apr 23, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
We have a contender for “best early Kimi Raikkonen sound bite” of the 2014 season. Thing is, I wish we had the audio file.
You might remember earlier this week – and judging by the comments section you certainly had an opinion on it – I opined that Fernando Alonso has to my estimation taken the Ferrari F14 T to results it shouldn’t have achieved while leaving Raikkonen relatively in the weeds.
That assessment does not speak to a lack of motivation on Raikkonen’s part. Still, the Finn hit back to reporters this week who suggested that may have been the case upon his return to the Scuderia, where he found his greatest F1 success.
“I don’t know why you always come up with motivation – if I didn’t have motivation I wouldn’t be here,” said Raikkonen, via Autosport.
“It’s f*** all to do with this.
“We have bad races and it’s an unfortunate thing, but that’s how it goes sometimes. The aim is to improve.”
This is why Kimi remains undeniably awesome and unique in the F1 paddock.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1