Apr 23, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
We have a contender for “best early Kimi Raikkonen sound bite” of the 2014 season. Thing is, I wish we had the audio file.
You might remember earlier this week – and judging by the comments section you certainly had an opinion on it – I opined that Fernando Alonso has to my estimation taken the Ferrari F14 T to results it shouldn’t have achieved while leaving Raikkonen relatively in the weeds.
That assessment does not speak to a lack of motivation on Raikkonen’s part. Still, the Finn hit back to reporters this week who suggested that may have been the case upon his return to the Scuderia, where he found his greatest F1 success.
“I don’t know why you always come up with motivation – if I didn’t have motivation I wouldn’t be here,” said Raikkonen, via Autosport.
“It’s f*** all to do with this.
“We have bad races and it’s an unfortunate thing, but that’s how it goes sometimes. The aim is to improve.”
This is why Kimi remains undeniably awesome and unique in the F1 paddock.
Video from NASCAR America
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice 1
- Kevin Harvick wins Atlanta Sprint Cup pole; Stewart qualifies 12th 0
- Castroneves secures crucial MAVTV 500 pole; Power starts P21 for IndyCar finale (VIDEO) 2
- Jeff Gordon: Last 3 races weren’t the same without Tony Stewart 2
- IndyCar has 500 miles to glory, through speed, dirt, tire fall off and unpredictability 0
- How NASCAR determined Tony Stewart was ready to race again 4
- Helton: Tony Stewart still eligible for Chase, but must win to get in 3