Apr 23, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
We have a contender for “best early Kimi Raikkonen sound bite” of the 2014 season. Thing is, I wish we had the audio file.
You might remember earlier this week – and judging by the comments section you certainly had an opinion on it – I opined that Fernando Alonso has to my estimation taken the Ferrari F14 T to results it shouldn’t have achieved while leaving Raikkonen relatively in the weeds.
That assessment does not speak to a lack of motivation on Raikkonen’s part. Still, the Finn hit back to reporters this week who suggested that may have been the case upon his return to the Scuderia, where he found his greatest F1 success.
“I don’t know why you always come up with motivation – if I didn’t have motivation I wouldn’t be here,” said Raikkonen, via Autosport.
“It’s f*** all to do with this.
“We have bad races and it’s an unfortunate thing, but that’s how it goes sometimes. The aim is to improve.”
This is why Kimi remains undeniably awesome and unique in the F1 paddock.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 3
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 1
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0