Apr 23, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
We have a contender for “best early Kimi Raikkonen sound bite” of the 2014 season. Thing is, I wish we had the audio file.
You might remember earlier this week – and judging by the comments section you certainly had an opinion on it – I opined that Fernando Alonso has to my estimation taken the Ferrari F14 T to results it shouldn’t have achieved while leaving Raikkonen relatively in the weeds.
That assessment does not speak to a lack of motivation on Raikkonen’s part. Still, the Finn hit back to reporters this week who suggested that may have been the case upon his return to the Scuderia, where he found his greatest F1 success.
“I don’t know why you always come up with motivation – if I didn’t have motivation I wouldn’t be here,” said Raikkonen, via Autosport.
“It’s f*** all to do with this.
“We have bad races and it’s an unfortunate thing, but that’s how it goes sometimes. The aim is to improve.”
This is why Kimi remains undeniably awesome and unique in the F1 paddock.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1