Apr 23, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
We have a contender for “best early Kimi Raikkonen sound bite” of the 2014 season. Thing is, I wish we had the audio file.
You might remember earlier this week – and judging by the comments section you certainly had an opinion on it – I opined that Fernando Alonso has to my estimation taken the Ferrari F14 T to results it shouldn’t have achieved while leaving Raikkonen relatively in the weeds.
That assessment does not speak to a lack of motivation on Raikkonen’s part. Still, the Finn hit back to reporters this week who suggested that may have been the case upon his return to the Scuderia, where he found his greatest F1 success.
“I don’t know why you always come up with motivation – if I didn’t have motivation I wouldn’t be here,” said Raikkonen, via Autosport.
“It’s f*** all to do with this.
“We have bad races and it’s an unfortunate thing, but that’s how it goes sometimes. The aim is to improve.”
This is why Kimi remains undeniably awesome and unique in the F1 paddock.
- It’s “never-say-die” for Graham Rahal with three races left 0
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7