Apr 24, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
Don’t ask Ryan Blaney for directions, period.
That’s the message in the latest edition of the Penske Files, in which a Team Penske member asks Blaney for directions to the nearest Discount Tire outlet (Discount Tire is one of Blaney’s primary sponsors in the Nationwide Series this season).
Blaney tells his team member to make a series of lefts, essentially winding up where he started at in the first place.
Oh wait, turning left is what NASCAR drivers do most of the time — with the exception of the occasional road course.
Anyway, check out Blaney’s directionally challenged yet well-meaning attempt to be helpful in the video below.
And to his team member, next time don’t ask Ryan for directions. Use Mapquest.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 7
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 8
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 21
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 20
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 6