Apr 24, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Don’t ask Ryan Blaney for directions, period.
That’s the message in the latest edition of the Penske Files, in which a Team Penske member asks Blaney for directions to the nearest Discount Tire outlet (Discount Tire is one of Blaney’s primary sponsors in the Nationwide Series this season).
Blaney tells his team member to make a series of lefts, essentially winding up where he started at in the first place.
Oh wait, turning left is what NASCAR drivers do most of the time — with the exception of the occasional road course.
Anyway, check out Blaney’s directionally challenged yet well-meaning attempt to be helpful in the video below.
And to his team member, next time don’t ask Ryan for directions. Use Mapquest.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 0
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3