Apr 24, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Don’t ask Ryan Blaney for directions, period.
That’s the message in the latest edition of the Penske Files, in which a Team Penske member asks Blaney for directions to the nearest Discount Tire outlet (Discount Tire is one of Blaney’s primary sponsors in the Nationwide Series this season).
Blaney tells his team member to make a series of lefts, essentially winding up where he started at in the first place.
Oh wait, turning left is what NASCAR drivers do most of the time — with the exception of the occasional road course.
Anyway, check out Blaney’s directionally challenged yet well-meaning attempt to be helpful in the video below.
And to his team member, next time don’t ask Ryan for directions. Use Mapquest.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0