Apr 25, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has heard it all over his 15-year NASCAR career – criticism, that is.
For the most part, Earnhardt has been gentile and gentlemanly about it. Like the Bible says, he’s turned the other cheek more times than not.
But when Junior got a not-so-nice tweet from a not-so-Junior fan earlier Friday, he decided to respond — boy did he respond!
And probably shocked the heck out of the tweeter who sent it to him (we’re not going to give his Twitter name, we’ll leave that for Junior’s response).
The critic wrote about Junior, “Overrated…daddies coat tails are only so long.”
To that, Junior sent a reply that included a photo of himself behind the wheel and a classic response:
“This is me not giving a …” Junior wrote, followed by an emoticon that has a strong resemblance to, uh, err, well, you get the idea.
Click here to see Earnhardt’s comeback, as well as the original offending tweet.
And to think that Junior has only been on Twitter for two months!
Ah, don’t you just love social media?
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 0
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1