Apr 25, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has heard it all over his 15-year NASCAR career – criticism, that is.
For the most part, Earnhardt has been gentile and gentlemanly about it. Like the Bible says, he’s turned the other cheek more times than not.
But when Junior got a not-so-nice tweet from a not-so-Junior fan earlier Friday, he decided to respond — boy did he respond!
And probably shocked the heck out of the tweeter who sent it to him (we’re not going to give his Twitter name, we’ll leave that for Junior’s response).
The critic wrote about Junior, “Overrated…daddies coat tails are only so long.”
To that, Junior sent a reply that included a photo of himself behind the wheel and a classic response:
“This is me not giving a …” Junior wrote, followed by an emoticon that has a strong resemblance to, uh, err, well, you get the idea.
Click here to see Earnhardt’s comeback, as well as the original offending tweet.
And to think that Junior has only been on Twitter for two months!
Ah, don’t you just love social media?
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 0
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 1
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0