Apr 25, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has heard it all over his 15-year NASCAR career – criticism, that is.
For the most part, Earnhardt has been gentile and gentlemanly about it. Like the Bible says, he’s turned the other cheek more times than not.
But when Junior got a not-so-nice tweet from a not-so-Junior fan earlier Friday, he decided to respond — boy did he respond!
And probably shocked the heck out of the tweeter who sent it to him (we’re not going to give his Twitter name, we’ll leave that for Junior’s response).
The critic wrote about Junior, “Overrated…daddies coat tails are only so long.”
To that, Junior sent a reply that included a photo of himself behind the wheel and a classic response:
“This is me not giving a …” Junior wrote, followed by an emoticon that has a strong resemblance to, uh, err, well, you get the idea.
Click here to see Earnhardt’s comeback, as well as the original offending tweet.
And to think that Junior has only been on Twitter for two months!
Ah, don’t you just love social media?
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 0
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3