Apr 25, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has heard it all over his 15-year NASCAR career – criticism, that is.
For the most part, Earnhardt has been gentile and gentlemanly about it. Like the Bible says, he’s turned the other cheek more times than not.
But when Junior got a not-so-nice tweet from a not-so-Junior fan earlier Friday, he decided to respond — boy did he respond!
And probably shocked the heck out of the tweeter who sent it to him (we’re not going to give his Twitter name, we’ll leave that for Junior’s response).
The critic wrote about Junior, “Overrated…daddies coat tails are only so long.”
To that, Junior sent a reply that included a photo of himself behind the wheel and a classic response:
“This is me not giving a …” Junior wrote, followed by an emoticon that has a strong resemblance to, uh, err, well, you get the idea.
Click here to see Earnhardt’s comeback, as well as the original offending tweet.
And to think that Junior has only been on Twitter for two months!
Ah, don’t you just love social media?
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0