Apr 25, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
If it was April Fools Day, we might have thought this truly was a joke: an on-call “service” (and we use that word very loosely) for celebrities in Los Angeles that need to be “rescued” from the paparazzi.
But apparently it’s a legit service – and NASCAR driver Danica Patrick is starring in two commercials touting it. One spot has actress Brooke Burke whisked away from the mean, old photogs, while the other commercial features Aerosmith front man Steven Tyler.
We’ve long been fans of the unique three-wheeled Can-Am Spyder RS – two wheels in the front and one in the back.
And the all-white Spyder versions that come to the beckon call of Tyler and Burke are reminiscent of a knight on a white horse coming to the rescue of a damsel in distress (Tyler might be a stretch when it comes to the damsel part, but he did sing “Dude Looks Like a Lady,” so that probably qualifies him).
So if you’re a celeb in need of a quick getaway, check out the videos below or call 1-844-SPYDER-LA – or as Patrick calls it, “The Ultimate Escape Vehicle.” By the way, the phone number and service are both legit.
For the record, Burke’s fan base must be a lot smaller than Tyler’s: her video has only had just over 7,000 views, while Tyler has over 130,000 more views of his video.
We could say something more here, but we’ll demure.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Here’s Patrick’s commercials, the first with Tyler and the second with Burke:
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 0
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 1
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 0
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 8
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1