Apr 25, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
If it was April Fools Day, we might have thought this truly was a joke: an on-call “service” (and we use that word very loosely) for celebrities in Los Angeles that need to be “rescued” from the paparazzi.
But apparently it’s a legit service – and NASCAR driver Danica Patrick is starring in two commercials touting it. One spot has actress Brooke Burke whisked away from the mean, old photogs, while the other commercial features Aerosmith front man Steven Tyler.
We’ve long been fans of the unique three-wheeled Can-Am Spyder RS – two wheels in the front and one in the back.
And the all-white Spyder versions that come to the beckon call of Tyler and Burke are reminiscent of a knight on a white horse coming to the rescue of a damsel in distress (Tyler might be a stretch when it comes to the damsel part, but he did sing “Dude Looks Like a Lady,” so that probably qualifies him).
So if you’re a celeb in need of a quick getaway, check out the videos below or call 1-844-SPYDER-LA – or as Patrick calls it, “The Ultimate Escape Vehicle.” By the way, the phone number and service are both legit.
For the record, Burke’s fan base must be a lot smaller than Tyler’s: her video has only had just over 7,000 views, while Tyler has over 130,000 more views of his video.
We could say something more here, but we’ll demure.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Here’s Patrick’s commercials, the first with Tyler and the second with Burke:
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 5
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 4
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 25