Apr 25, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
This weekend’s Mecum Auctions from Kansas City continued today over on Esquire Network and NBCSN, with one of the highlights coming from the sale of a 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS.
Boasting a 396/350 HP engine and an F40 sport suspension, this ’69 “Monaco Orange” Chevelle stood out by bearing a rare, three-speed transmission. It was too good to pass up for a lucky buyer, who plunked down $41,000 for the Bowtie beauty.
Coverage of the final day of Mecum Auctions: Kansas City begins tomorrow at 1 p.m. ET on Esquire Network and will continue on NBCSN starting at 5 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 7
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 2
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0
- Toro Rosso names Max Verstappen for 2015 race seat, to become youngest driver in F1 history 3
- Chase outlook brighter for some, cloudy for others after Michigan 0
- Power poised for IndyCar title following oval gains, Milwaukee domination 1