Apr 26, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Last night’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race was contested after several hours’ worth of rain had washed away all of the rubber from the track.
After the ToyotaCare 250 finally got underway, several drivers ran into problems with high rates of tire wear on the green surface.
With that in mind, tire management could wind up playing a major role in who walks away with the trophy in tonight’s Toyota Owners 400 for the Sprint Cup Series.
The Sprint Cup Series is running Goodyear’s multi-zone tread tires on the right side and a softer compound tire on the left side. It marks the first use by Goodyear of the multi-zone technology on a short track.
NASCAR has confirmed that a competition caution will take place at AfLap 40 of tonight’s race for teams to check their tire wear rates.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 6