Apr 26, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
Last night’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race was contested after several hours’ worth of rain had washed away all of the rubber from the track.
After the ToyotaCare 250 finally got underway, several drivers ran into problems with high rates of tire wear on the green surface.
With that in mind, tire management could wind up playing a major role in who walks away with the trophy in tonight’s Toyota Owners 400 for the Sprint Cup Series.
The Sprint Cup Series is running Goodyear’s multi-zone tread tires on the right side and a softer compound tire on the left side. It marks the first use by Goodyear of the multi-zone technology on a short track.
NASCAR has confirmed that a competition caution will take place at AfLap 40 of tonight’s race for teams to check their tire wear rates.
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1