Apr 26, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
Last night’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race was contested after several hours’ worth of rain had washed away all of the rubber from the track.
After the ToyotaCare 250 finally got underway, several drivers ran into problems with high rates of tire wear on the green surface.
With that in mind, tire management could wind up playing a major role in who walks away with the trophy in tonight’s Toyota Owners 400 for the Sprint Cup Series.
The Sprint Cup Series is running Goodyear’s multi-zone tread tires on the right side and a softer compound tire on the left side. It marks the first use by Goodyear of the multi-zone technology on a short track.
NASCAR has confirmed that a competition caution will take place at AfLap 40 of tonight’s race for teams to check their tire wear rates.
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 0
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 1
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0