Apr 26, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
For some time now, Kyle Busch has been “the driver you love to hate” for many citizens within the NASCAR Nation. While incredibly talented, his sometimes brash persona has been known to rub fans the wrong way.
Perhaps with that in mind, one fan at Richmond International Raceway has left a message for the Joe Gibbs Racing driver on the track’s SAFER Barrier before tonight’s Toyota Owners 400.
No doubt, some will see this as utterly rude and others will see this as utterly hilarious. Motor Racing Network’s Dustin Long was able to get a shot of the ‘request’ in Turn 1:
We’ll let you judge for yourself if it crosses the line of bad taste.
It should be noted that RIR has allowed all fans with a ticket to tonight’s race to “take over” the track this afternoon – meaning there could be a few more of these kinds of messages scrawled along the SAFER Barrier.
But not everybody in the Commonwealth is rooting for Busch to have an early exit in tonight’s race. Just ask this little guy, who’s decked out in a Busch hat and M&M’s firesuit.
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5