Apr 26, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The very first “Candy Apple Red” Ford Mustang Boss 429 pulled down the biggest sale of the weekend on the final day of Mecum Auctions’ 2014 run in Kansas City.
The machine, which is one of the first 50 hand-built Boss prototypes and the 23rd Boss to be sold to the public, went for a stunning $260,000. For more stellar cars from K.C. – including one from the “The Fast and the Furious” movie series – check out the clip above.
Mecum Auctions’ next event will take place May 13-18 from the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1