Apr 26, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The very first “Candy Apple Red” Ford Mustang Boss 429 pulled down the biggest sale of the weekend on the final day of Mecum Auctions’ 2014 run in Kansas City.
The machine, which is one of the first 50 hand-built Boss prototypes and the 23rd Boss to be sold to the public, went for a stunning $260,000. For more stellar cars from K.C. – including one from the “The Fast and the Furious” movie series – check out the clip above.
Mecum Auctions’ next event will take place May 13-18 from the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 1
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 2
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2
- Can IndyCar’s next generation take it to the established veterans? 1
- Fernando Alonso talks return in Malaysian GP 3