Apr 26, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The very first “Candy Apple Red” Ford Mustang Boss 429 pulled down the biggest sale of the weekend on the final day of Mecum Auctions’ 2014 run in Kansas City.
The machine, which is one of the first 50 hand-built Boss prototypes and the 23rd Boss to be sold to the public, went for a stunning $260,000. For more stellar cars from K.C. – including one from the “The Fast and the Furious” movie series – check out the clip above.
Mecum Auctions’ next event will take place May 13-18 from the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 8
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 6
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1