Apr 26, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
The very first “Candy Apple Red” Ford Mustang Boss 429 pulled down the biggest sale of the weekend on the final day of Mecum Auctions’ 2014 run in Kansas City.
The machine, which is one of the first 50 hand-built Boss prototypes and the 23rd Boss to be sold to the public, went for a stunning $260,000. For more stellar cars from K.C. – including one from the “The Fast and the Furious” movie series – check out the clip above.
Mecum Auctions’ next event will take place May 13-18 from the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Video from NASCAR America
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2
- Jeff Gordon’s legacy of success transcends generations 1
- Jeff Gordon announces 2015 as final full-time season 43
- NASCAR: Trackside shopping set to change as part of new Fanatics deal (UPDATED) 10
- Brian Vickers to return to racing at Las Vegas after health scare 9