Apr 26, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The very first “Candy Apple Red” Ford Mustang Boss 429 pulled down the biggest sale of the weekend on the final day of Mecum Auctions’ 2014 run in Kansas City.
The machine, which is one of the first 50 hand-built Boss prototypes and the 23rd Boss to be sold to the public, went for a stunning $260,000. For more stellar cars from K.C. – including one from the “The Fast and the Furious” movie series – check out the clip above.
Mecum Auctions’ next event will take place May 13-18 from the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 0
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 10
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 53