Apr 27, 2014, 12:34 PM EST
Writer’s Note: The following is a recap of this weekend’s TORC: The Off-Road Championship event at The Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway. NBCSN will air the event this Thursday, May 1, at 10 p.m. ET. If you don’t want to know who won until then, we suggest you find another post to read here on MotorSportsTalk…
NASCAR fans know a thing or two about short track racing. But TORC: The Off-Road Championship brought a decidedly different brand of short track action to stock car country this weekend at The Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
The two-day Husqvarna Showdown in Charlotte started on Friday night with wins from Johnny Greaves (PRO 4) and his son, C.J. Greaves (PRO 2), as well as the return to action for Arie Luyendyk Jr.
The former open-wheel competitor netted his first-ever class podium result with a third in PRO 2. The accomplishment comes three weeks after breaking his clavicle in a wild crash at the season opener in Primm, Nevada.
Also victorious on Friday was Doug Mittag, who led teammate Jerett Brooks home in the PRO Light category.
Friday’s Podium Finishers
PRO 4: 1st – Johnny Greaves, 2nd – Mike Jenkins, 3rd – Mark Jenkins
PRO 2: 1st – C.J. Greaves, 2nd – Chad Hord, 3rd – Arie Luyendyk Jr.
PRO Light: 1st – Doug Mittag, 2nd – Jerett Brooks, 3rd – Shawn Morris
Saturday’s action featured a weekend sweep from C.J. Greaves in PRO 2, while Brooks captured the checkered flag in PRO Light and Scott Douglas won in the PRO 4 main event.
Saturday’s Podium Finishers
PRO 4: 1st – Scott Douglas, 2nd – Mark Jenkins, 3rd – Mike Jenkins
PRO 2: 1st – C.J. Greaves, 2nd – Chad Hords, 3rd – Jeff Kincaid
PRO Light: 1st – Jerett Brooks, 2nd – Doug Mittag, 3rd – C.J. Greaves
TORC’s next event for 2014 comes on June 14-15 with the Throwdown in the U.P. at Bark River, Michigan.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1