Apr 27, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Former IndyCar driver Simona de Silvestro has taken a big step towards lining up on the F1 grid in 2015 after completing an extensive test with Sauber at Fiorano in Italy over the weekend.
The Swiss driver got behind the wheel of the 2012 C31 car and put in over 180 laps across the two days at Ferrari’s private test track. She will next get a chance to test in Valencia at the end of June.
The team was able to film part of her test by putting a camera on her helmet. You can watch this insight into the Fiorano Circuit above.
Had she been using the team’s current car at an official test session, Simona would have already completed the necessary mileage for her F1 superlicense. However, she is expected to get a chance to do so later on in the year.
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0