Apr 27, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Former IndyCar driver Simona de Silvestro has taken a big step towards lining up on the F1 grid in 2015 after completing an extensive test with Sauber at Fiorano in Italy over the weekend.
The Swiss driver got behind the wheel of the 2012 C31 car and put in over 180 laps across the two days at Ferrari’s private test track. She will next get a chance to test in Valencia at the end of June.
The team was able to film part of her test by putting a camera on her helmet. You can watch this insight into the Fiorano Circuit above.
Had she been using the team’s current car at an official test session, Simona would have already completed the necessary mileage for her F1 superlicense. However, she is expected to get a chance to do so later on in the year.
Video from NASCAR America
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 3
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 2
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 5
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0