Apr 27, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Former IndyCar driver Simona de Silvestro has taken a big step towards lining up on the F1 grid in 2015 after completing an extensive test with Sauber at Fiorano in Italy over the weekend.
The Swiss driver got behind the wheel of the 2012 C31 car and put in over 180 laps across the two days at Ferrari’s private test track. She will next get a chance to test in Valencia at the end of June.
The team was able to film part of her test by putting a camera on her helmet. You can watch this insight into the Fiorano Circuit above.
Had she been using the team’s current car at an official test session, Simona would have already completed the necessary mileage for her F1 superlicense. However, she is expected to get a chance to do so later on in the year.
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2