Apr 27, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Former IndyCar driver Simona de Silvestro has taken a big step towards lining up on the F1 grid in 2015 after completing an extensive test with Sauber at Fiorano in Italy over the weekend.
The Swiss driver got behind the wheel of the 2012 C31 car and put in over 180 laps across the two days at Ferrari’s private test track. She will next get a chance to test in Valencia at the end of June.
The team was able to film part of her test by putting a camera on her helmet. You can watch this insight into the Fiorano Circuit above.
Had she been using the team’s current car at an official test session, Simona would have already completed the necessary mileage for her F1 superlicense. However, she is expected to get a chance to do so later on in the year.
- NHRA: Beckman blazes to second Funny Car win of season at Kansas; Crampton, Enders-Stevens also win 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 6
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 52
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0