Apr 29, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
If you were looking for a day-brightener, the video below is sure to make you smile, if not bring a tear or two to your eyes.
Nick Stern wanted to do something really special for son Jacob’s seventh birthday. Sure, there’d be the traditional party with lots of Jacob’s friends attending, but Stern wanted something that Jacob would remember for the rest of his life.
Mission accomplished – and in a big way.
Jacob been a Lamborghini fan (how many of us can also identify with that?) for most of his young life.
A few weeks ago, Stern sent a Facebook message to Lamborghini North Los Angeles, a dealership near Stern’s house. He wasn’t acting for much, just something that would make Jason’s special day more memorable.
Hi, I’m hoping someone with a kind heart will help me. My Son is 7 on 20th April, we’re having small party for him. He is a Lamborghini FANATIC. He works hard at school so he get 100% in tests, so I give him $10 which he saves towards his Lamborghini. So far his dream has cost me $400! I know it would be a dream come true for him to be able to sit in Lamborghini or get a short drive in one. His birthday party is in Hancock park at our home. Are there any Lamborghini owners who would like to make a 7 year old believe in dreams?
Officials of the dealership were obviously touched by Stern’s request. As they wrote on the company blog, “How could we say no to that?”
Jacob’s special day came, and while playing with his friends in the front yard, up pulled a 700-horsepower V-12 Lamborghini Aventador.
Then another high-speed and high-priced Lamborghini – painted to look somewhat like the Batmobile – followed.
And then another Lambo came along, and a few more followed, for a total of six in a procession to Jacob’s party.
Jacob got his dream ride in what then became a Lamborghini victory lap of sorts around his neighborhood. He also received a Lamborghini driver’s shirt and a certificate of congratulations from the dealership.
(Way cool, don’t you think?)
From the moment the first Lambo pulled up until the parade of high-performance cars left, a smile never seemed to leave Jacob’s face.
He’s probably still smiling. And you will be too after seeing the video.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 0
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1