Apr 29, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
If you were looking for a day-brightener, the video below is sure to make you smile, if not bring a tear or two to your eyes.
Nick Stern wanted to do something really special for son Jacob’s seventh birthday. Sure, there’d be the traditional party with lots of Jacob’s friends attending, but Stern wanted something that Jacob would remember for the rest of his life.
Mission accomplished – and in a big way.
Jacob been a Lamborghini fan (how many of us can also identify with that?) for most of his young life.
A few weeks ago, Stern sent a Facebook message to Lamborghini North Los Angeles, a dealership near Stern’s house. He wasn’t acting for much, just something that would make Jason’s special day more memorable.
Hi, I’m hoping someone with a kind heart will help me. My Son is 7 on 20th April, we’re having small party for him. He is a Lamborghini FANATIC. He works hard at school so he get 100% in tests, so I give him $10 which he saves towards his Lamborghini. So far his dream has cost me $400! I know it would be a dream come true for him to be able to sit in Lamborghini or get a short drive in one. His birthday party is in Hancock park at our home. Are there any Lamborghini owners who would like to make a 7 year old believe in dreams?
Officials of the dealership were obviously touched by Stern’s request. As they wrote on the company blog, “How could we say no to that?”
Jacob’s special day came, and while playing with his friends in the front yard, up pulled a 700-horsepower V-12 Lamborghini Aventador.
Then another high-speed and high-priced Lamborghini – painted to look somewhat like the Batmobile – followed.
And then another Lambo came along, and a few more followed, for a total of six in a procession to Jacob’s party.
Jacob got his dream ride in what then became a Lamborghini victory lap of sorts around his neighborhood. He also received a Lamborghini driver’s shirt and a certificate of congratulations from the dealership.
(Way cool, don’t you think?)
From the moment the first Lambo pulled up until the parade of high-performance cars left, a smile never seemed to leave Jacob’s face.
He’s probably still smiling. And you will be too after seeing the video.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 2
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 1
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1