Apr 29, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
Turns out NASCAR has picked the “we’re going to drop the hammer on both drivers” option.
Just released Tuesday from NASCAR, both Ambrose and Mears have been placed on probation through May 28 (so after the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway). Fines differ; Ambrose has been fined $25,000 and Mears $15,000.
The specific infractions violated are Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing), and 12-4.9 (Behavioral Penalty; involved in an altercation in the garage area after the race) as outlined in the 2014 NASCAR rulebook.
Video from NASCAR America
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 6 – Dale Jr. delivers a year to remember 1
- Merry Christmas from MotorSportsTalk! 2
- Police release report on wreck of brand new $60,000, 707-hp 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 29
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 7 – Brad Keselowski’s six wins, but falls short of Championship Round 0
- Looking back on motorsports’ 2014 “Festivus” moments 2
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 1
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 10