Apr 29, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
Turns out NASCAR has picked the “we’re going to drop the hammer on both drivers” option.
Just released Tuesday from NASCAR, both Ambrose and Mears have been placed on probation through May 28 (so after the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway). Fines differ; Ambrose has been fined $25,000 and Mears $15,000.
The specific infractions violated are Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing), and 12-4.9 (Behavioral Penalty; involved in an altercation in the garage area after the race) as outlined in the 2014 NASCAR rulebook.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 1
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1