Apr 29, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
Turns out NASCAR has picked the “we’re going to drop the hammer on both drivers” option.
Just released Tuesday from NASCAR, both Ambrose and Mears have been placed on probation through May 28 (so after the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway). Fines differ; Ambrose has been fined $25,000 and Mears $15,000.
The specific infractions violated are Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing), and 12-4.9 (Behavioral Penalty; involved in an altercation in the garage area after the race) as outlined in the 2014 NASCAR rulebook.
- Montoya fastest on opening day of Indianapolis 500 practice 2
- Indy 500 refresher running, RoP gets underway today at IMS 0
- Chevrolet reveals its super speedway aero kit 2
- ARCA driver Brad Smith recovering from ankle surgery after Talladega wreck 0
- 21 years after his death, the legacy of Ayrton Senna burns as brightly as ever 2
- Honda reveals its super speedway aero kit Thursday at IMS (VIDEO) 9
- Ed Carpenter talks Newgarden’s win and preparing for superspeedway aero kit at Indy 7