Apr 29, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
Turns out NASCAR has picked the “we’re going to drop the hammer on both drivers” option.
Just released Tuesday from NASCAR, both Ambrose and Mears have been placed on probation through May 28 (so after the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway). Fines differ; Ambrose has been fined $25,000 and Mears $15,000.
The specific infractions violated are Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing), and 12-4.9 (Behavioral Penalty; involved in an altercation in the garage area after the race) as outlined in the 2014 NASCAR rulebook.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2