Apr 29, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
Turns out NASCAR has picked the “we’re going to drop the hammer on both drivers” option.
Just released Tuesday from NASCAR, both Ambrose and Mears have been placed on probation through May 28 (so after the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway). Fines differ; Ambrose has been fined $25,000 and Mears $15,000.
The specific infractions violated are Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing), and 12-4.9 (Behavioral Penalty; involved in an altercation in the garage area after the race) as outlined in the 2014 NASCAR rulebook.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 3
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11