Apr 29, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
One of sports car racing’s most active drivers on social media, Compass360 Racing’s Ryan Eversley, will make his PC class debut this weekend in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
Eversley, C360R’s lead driver for its ST class Honda Civic Si program in the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge, will co-drive the No. 88 BAR1 Motorsports PC entry with Doug Bielefeld. Eversley confirmed the move on MRN Radio’s Sports Car Insider radio show Tuesday afternoon.
“I’m really jumping in the deep end – I don’t have any thoughts I can stick it to the veterans. It’s Bruno Junqueira, Alex Tagliani … and Ryan Eversley, so something doesn’t add up,” he said, in a self-deprecating manner. “I can’t thank these guys enough. Just go easy on the little Honda guy out there!”
Eversley co-drives the No. 75 Civic Si with Kyle Gimple in CTSC. He just finished 12th and eighth in the Pirelli World Challenge GTS class this weekend at Barber Motorsports Park, in a Compass360 Racing Subaru WRX-STi with support from Children’s Tumor Foundation and Racing4Research.org.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 0
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1