Apr 29, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Three brief sponsor and technology updates for drivers in the Verizon IndyCar Series:
- Graham Rahal’s No. 15 National Guard Honda will see Google Glass technology utilized in IndyCar for the first time, with four of his crewmembers set to wear it during pit stops at Wednesday’s Indianapolis Motor Speedway. RLL is partnering with Kansas City, Mo.-based Engage Mobile Solutions to provide the first-person, real-time perspective. More here from an Engage Mobile release.
- Klipsch Audio, an Indianapolis-based premium speakers and headphones company, will serve as primary sponsor for Josef Newgarden’s No. 67 Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing entry (see picture, right) for the Grand Prix of Indianapolis. “Bringing Klipsch as the primary sponsor to the inaugural Grand Prix will be fantastic, especially with its headquarters here and the excitement around that particular event. We are thankful for their increased involvement and know both SFHR and Klipsch will share the benefits of this great partnership in Indianapolis!” said SFHR team co-owner Sarah Fisher.
- Townsend Bell’s No. 6 KV Racing Technology entry for the Indianapolis 500 continues to gain partners. Primary sponsor Robert Graham and associate Beneteau have already been announced; Royal Purple was confirmed on Monday. “It is really cool that they have added their support to my Indy 500 effort in addition to their support of my TUDOR United SportsCar Championship AIM Autosport Ferrari program. I just want to thank everyone at Royal Purple and I look forward to enjoying the whole Indy 500 experience with their employees and customers,” Bell said in a release.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 1
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1