Apr 30, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The full TUDOR United SportsCar Championship gets back to work this weekend at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, after just the series’ Prototype and GT Le Mans classes raced at Long Beach three weeks ago. P and GTLM and the Prototype Challenge and GT Daytona classes will run separate two-hour races this Sunday.
- Entry List Updates, P and GTLM: In P, the DeltaWing returns after missing Long Beach to make that a 12-car field. Alex Brundle steps into the No. 42 OAK Racing Morgan Nissan alongside Gustavo Yacaman while Olivier Pla is on FIA World Endurance Championship duty this weekend in Spa. In GTLM, Pierre Kaffer steps into the No. 62 Risi Competizione Ferrari F458 Italia alongside Giancarlo Fisichella, as Dane Cameron goes back to his usual No. 94 Turner Motorsport BMW Z4 GT3 in GTD this race. Krohn Racing’s No. 57 Ferrari F458 Italia, which starred at Sebring with a fourth-place finish, is also back this race to make a 11-car grid.
- Entry List Updates, PC: Starworks Motorsport has Martin Fuentes/Sam Bird (No. 7) in one car and Mirco Schultis/Renger van der Zande (No. 8) in its second as the team returns to two cars post-Sebring; Schultis missed Sebring due to a family commitment. The new pair of Sean Rayhall and Luis Diaz race in 8Star’s No. 25 entry; Stephen Simpson is the designated co-driver alongside Chris Miller at JDC (No. 85) and the Ryan Eversley/Doug Bielefeld pairing is BAR1’s lone entry (No. 88). Cars 38, 52, 54, 08 and 09 retain the same planned two-driver lineup in the rest of the 10-car PC class.
- Entry list Updates, GTD: Dempsey Racing’s No. 28 entry has been withdrawn; Muehlner Motorsports America has three of its four drivers for Cars 18 and 19 currently TBA; Spirit of Race’s No. 51 sees Eddie Cheever III, son of the 1998 Indianapolis 500 winner, make his debut; Kyle Marcelli and Stefan Johansson are in Scuderia Corsa’s second Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 (No. 64); Cameron will have Markus Palttala as co-driver of the Turner BMW; the second TRG-AMR Aston Martin Vantage (No. 009) has drivers currently TBA and the AIM Autosport Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 (No. 555) will have a revised livery this race.
At the moment, there’s 12 P and 11 GTLM cars for 23 in that race, and 10 PC and 23 GTD for a total of 33 in that race. 56 cars total is down from numbers north of 60 at both Daytona and Sebring.
Video from NASCAR America
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 3
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 5
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0
- Toro Rosso names Max Verstappen for 2015 race seat, to become youngest driver in F1 history 3
- Chase outlook brighter for some, cloudy for others after Michigan 0