These boots are made for racin': Country music star Brantley Gilbert goes for a ride with NASCAR buddy Kevin Harvick
Apr 30, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
Country music star Brantley Gilbert – who will perform a concert prior to the Coca-Cola 600 NASCAR race at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 25 – got a feel for what it’s like to zip around the 1.5-mile track at-speed.
“I love the smell of gas, the motor and the tires,” Gilbert said in a CMS media release. “Being able to play a show for like-minded people and having them party their tails off at the same time is going to be a blast. … I can’t wait for Charlotte Motor Speedway!”
Gilbert, whose new album “Just As I Am” comes out one week before NASCAR’s longest race of the season, spent some time with friend and Sprint Cup star Kevin Harvick at CMS and posted a brief video of the experience to his Instagram account.
Admittedly, it’s only about 15 seconds in length, but check this out right at the start of the video: Gilbert’s cowboy boots, which appear to be made from rattlesnake.
They may not be standard NASCAR issue shoes, but they sure looked good. Check out the video below.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 0
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 6
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0