These boots are made for racin': Country music star Brantley Gilbert goes for a ride with NASCAR buddy Kevin Harvick
Apr 30, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
Country music star Brantley Gilbert – who will perform a concert prior to the Coca-Cola 600 NASCAR race at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 25 – got a feel for what it’s like to zip around the 1.5-mile track at-speed.
“I love the smell of gas, the motor and the tires,” Gilbert said in a CMS media release. “Being able to play a show for like-minded people and having them party their tails off at the same time is going to be a blast. … I can’t wait for Charlotte Motor Speedway!”
Gilbert, whose new album “Just As I Am” comes out one week before NASCAR’s longest race of the season, spent some time with friend and Sprint Cup star Kevin Harvick at CMS and posted a brief video of the experience to his Instagram account.
Admittedly, it’s only about 15 seconds in length, but check this out right at the start of the video: Gilbert’s cowboy boots, which appear to be made from rattlesnake.
They may not be standard NASCAR issue shoes, but they sure looked good. Check out the video below.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 1
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 5