These boots are made for racin': Country music star Brantley Gilbert goes for a ride with NASCAR buddy Kevin Harvick
Apr 30, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
Country music star Brantley Gilbert – who will perform a concert prior to the Coca-Cola 600 NASCAR race at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 25 – got a feel for what it’s like to zip around the 1.5-mile track at-speed.
“I love the smell of gas, the motor and the tires,” Gilbert said in a CMS media release. “Being able to play a show for like-minded people and having them party their tails off at the same time is going to be a blast. … I can’t wait for Charlotte Motor Speedway!”
Gilbert, whose new album “Just As I Am” comes out one week before NASCAR’s longest race of the season, spent some time with friend and Sprint Cup star Kevin Harvick at CMS and posted a brief video of the experience to his Instagram account.
Admittedly, it’s only about 15 seconds in length, but check this out right at the start of the video: Gilbert’s cowboy boots, which appear to be made from rattlesnake.
They may not be standard NASCAR issue shoes, but they sure looked good. Check out the video below.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Kevin Harvick edges Jeff Gordon for Bristol Sprint Cup pole 0
- Will A.J. Allmendinger seek payback for Brad Daugherty’s practical joke? 0
- 2015 NASCAR Schedule to be Revealed Tuesday, 5 p.m. ET, on special NASCAR AMERICA 0
- Rossi disappointed, but diplomatic, after Marussia no-go 0
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Rosberg leads Hamilton in first Belgian GP practice 0