These boots are made for racin': Country music star Brantley Gilbert goes for a ride with NASCAR buddy Kevin Harvick
Apr 30, 2014, 2:46 PM EST
Country music star Brantley Gilbert – who will perform a concert prior to the Coca-Cola 600 NASCAR race at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 25 – got a feel for what it’s like to zip around the 1.5-mile track at-speed.
“I love the smell of gas, the motor and the tires,” Gilbert said in a CMS media release. “Being able to play a show for like-minded people and having them party their tails off at the same time is going to be a blast. … I can’t wait for Charlotte Motor Speedway!”
Gilbert, whose new album “Just As I Am” comes out one week before NASCAR’s longest race of the season, spent some time with friend and Sprint Cup star Kevin Harvick at CMS and posted a brief video of the experience to his Instagram account.
Admittedly, it’s only about 15 seconds in length, but check this out right at the start of the video: Gilbert’s cowboy boots, which appear to be made from rattlesnake.
They may not be standard NASCAR issue shoes, but they sure looked good. Check out the video below.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3