May 1, 2014, 4:17 PM EST
Roush Fenway Racing appeared as if it had something to prove in the first of two Nationwide Series practice sessions Thursday afternoon at Talladega Superspeedway.
RFR placed all three of its NNS drivers at the top of the speed charts, with Trevor Bayne being the fastest.
Kyle Larson was the only other driver to break the 190 mph mark at 190.121 mph.
David Ragan, who won the Sprint Cup race at Talladega last spring, was fifth-fastest at 189.808, followed by Ty Dillon (189.171), Brian Scott (189.144), Brendan Gaughan (189.025), Elliott Sadler (188.660) and James Buescher rounded out the top 10 fastest drivers in the field at 188.645 mph.
Only 36 cars and drivers took part in the session. A second NNS practice is scheduled for later this afternoon from 4:30 to 6 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2