May 1, 2014, 4:17 PM EDT
Roush Fenway Racing appeared as if it had something to prove in the first of two Nationwide Series practice sessions Thursday afternoon at Talladega Superspeedway.
RFR placed all three of its NNS drivers at the top of the speed charts, with Trevor Bayne being the fastest.
Kyle Larson was the only other driver to break the 190 mph mark at 190.121 mph.
David Ragan, who won the Sprint Cup race at Talladega last spring, was fifth-fastest at 189.808, followed by Ty Dillon (189.171), Brian Scott (189.144), Brendan Gaughan (189.025), Elliott Sadler (188.660) and James Buescher rounded out the top 10 fastest drivers in the field at 188.645 mph.
Only 36 cars and drivers took part in the session. A second NNS practice is scheduled for later this afternoon from 4:30 to 6 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 6
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 7
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1