May 1, 2014, 4:17 PM EDT
Roush Fenway Racing appeared as if it had something to prove in the first of two Nationwide Series practice sessions Thursday afternoon at Talladega Superspeedway.
RFR placed all three of its NNS drivers at the top of the speed charts, with Trevor Bayne being the fastest.
Kyle Larson was the only other driver to break the 190 mph mark at 190.121 mph.
David Ragan, who won the Sprint Cup race at Talladega last spring, was fifth-fastest at 189.808, followed by Ty Dillon (189.171), Brian Scott (189.144), Brendan Gaughan (189.025), Elliott Sadler (188.660) and James Buescher rounded out the top 10 fastest drivers in the field at 188.645 mph.
Only 36 cars and drivers took part in the session. A second NNS practice is scheduled for later this afternoon from 4:30 to 6 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 4
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2