May 2, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
The first of multiple expected extra entries for this year’s Freedom 100 in the Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires has been announced, in the form of Kyle O’Gara at Fan Force United.
O’Gara will run an FFU-entered chassis through a partnership with Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing’s development program and support from Indy Trading Post and RW Motorsports. His car will be the No. 27 SFHRD/RW/Indy Trading Post/FFU entry. O’Gara will be Scott Anderson’s teammate.
O’Gara started a pair of Indy Lights races in 2013, at Indianapolis and the season finale at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, the latter of which he posted his best result of eighth.
At least one more car is due to be officially announced, which would make 14 cars for the Freedom 100. While not stellar, it would represent an uptick on the 11 in the race last year.
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET 0
- IndyCar: A crucial weekend to commence at Mid-Ohio 0
- Mark Martin returning to Roush Fenway Racing in unique role 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12