May 2, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
The first of multiple expected extra entries for this year’s Freedom 100 in the Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires has been announced, in the form of Kyle O’Gara at Fan Force United.
O’Gara will run an FFU-entered chassis through a partnership with Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing’s development program and support from Indy Trading Post and RW Motorsports. His car will be the No. 27 SFHRD/RW/Indy Trading Post/FFU entry. O’Gara will be Scott Anderson’s teammate.
O’Gara started a pair of Indy Lights races in 2013, at Indianapolis and the season finale at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, the latter of which he posted his best result of eighth.
At least one more car is due to be officially announced, which would make 14 cars for the Freedom 100. While not stellar, it would represent an uptick on the 11 in the race last year.
Video from NASCAR America
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 1
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 0
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 0
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 0
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 1
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0