May 2, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
The first of multiple expected extra entries for this year’s Freedom 100 in the Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires has been announced, in the form of Kyle O’Gara at Fan Force United.
O’Gara will run an FFU-entered chassis through a partnership with Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing’s development program and support from Indy Trading Post and RW Motorsports. His car will be the No. 27 SFHRD/RW/Indy Trading Post/FFU entry. O’Gara will be Scott Anderson’s teammate.
O’Gara started a pair of Indy Lights races in 2013, at Indianapolis and the season finale at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, the latter of which he posted his best result of eighth.
At least one more car is due to be officially announced, which would make 14 cars for the Freedom 100. While not stellar, it would represent an uptick on the 11 in the race last year.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 14
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2