May 3, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
As a result, both drivers have had their times disallowed and will have to start from the rear of the field in tomorrow’s Aaron’s 499.
Multiple reports from Talladega have relayed that NASCAR found Kahne’s No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevy to be too light, while Truex’s No. 78 Furniture Row Racing Chevy did not meet height requirements (which remain in place at restrictor-place facilities like Talladega and Daytona International Speedway).
Kahne had initially qualified on the inside of Row 9 in 17th place, while Truex was already toward the tail end of the field in 38th (outside of Row 19). Now, Kahne and Truex are officially 42nd and 43rd on tomorrow’s grid.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 0
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 6
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1