May 3, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
As a result, both drivers have had their times disallowed and will have to start from the rear of the field in tomorrow’s Aaron’s 499.
Multiple reports from Talladega have relayed that NASCAR found Kahne’s No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevy to be too light, while Truex’s No. 78 Furniture Row Racing Chevy did not meet height requirements (which remain in place at restrictor-place facilities like Talladega and Daytona International Speedway).
Kahne had initially qualified on the inside of Row 9 in 17th place, while Truex was already toward the tail end of the field in 38th (outside of Row 19). Now, Kahne and Truex are officially 42nd and 43rd on tomorrow’s grid.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 0
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 2
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0