May 3, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
As a result, both drivers have had their times disallowed and will have to start from the rear of the field in tomorrow’s Aaron’s 499.
Multiple reports from Talladega have relayed that NASCAR found Kahne’s No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevy to be too light, while Truex’s No. 78 Furniture Row Racing Chevy did not meet height requirements (which remain in place at restrictor-place facilities like Talladega and Daytona International Speedway).
Kahne had initially qualified on the inside of Row 9 in 17th place, while Truex was already toward the tail end of the field in 38th (outside of Row 19). Now, Kahne and Truex are officially 42nd and 43rd on tomorrow’s grid.
Video from NASCAR America
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0
- Kevin Harvick in a class of his own, dominates Atlanta NNS race 0
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar crowns its champion tonight at Fontana 1
- Lessons learned from Dale Earnhardt death readily seen in way NASCAR has dealt with Tony Stewart tragedy 2
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice (UPDATED, VIDEO) 4