May 3, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
As a result, both drivers have had their times disallowed and will have to start from the rear of the field in tomorrow’s Aaron’s 499.
Multiple reports from Talladega have relayed that NASCAR found Kahne’s No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevy to be too light, while Truex’s No. 78 Furniture Row Racing Chevy did not meet height requirements (which remain in place at restrictor-place facilities like Talladega and Daytona International Speedway).
Kahne had initially qualified on the inside of Row 9 in 17th place, while Truex was already toward the tail end of the field in 38th (outside of Row 19). Now, Kahne and Truex are officially 42nd and 43rd on tomorrow’s grid.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 1
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1