May 3, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
As a result, both drivers have had their times disallowed and will have to start from the rear of the field in tomorrow’s Aaron’s 499.
Multiple reports from Talladega have relayed that NASCAR found Kahne’s No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevy to be too light, while Truex’s No. 78 Furniture Row Racing Chevy did not meet height requirements (which remain in place at restrictor-place facilities like Talladega and Daytona International Speedway).
Kahne had initially qualified on the inside of Row 9 in 17th place, while Truex was already toward the tail end of the field in 38th (outside of Row 19). Now, Kahne and Truex are officially 42nd and 43rd on tomorrow’s grid.
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 0
- WATCH LIVE: Malaysian GP qualifying at 5a ET on NBCSN and Live Extra 0
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 2
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 5
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0