May 3, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Ashton Kutcher has nothing on NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick when it comes to pranking someone.
Harvick recently punk’d his Nationwide Series public relations director Tyler Overstreet, of JR Motorsports. It was nothing short of a classic.
Everyone from JRM communications director Mike Davis to Fox on NASCAR announcer Matt Yocum were in on the joke with Harvick.
Everyone but Overstreet, that is.
The video of the incident is below, but let’s give you a quick recap of what happened.
Yocum was supposed to do an interview with Harvick at JRM’s headquarters, but an unexpected last-second call from Yocum’s “boss” (actually, it was Davis) told Yocum that it would be a conflict of interest for him to do the sit-down and that Matt would have to withdraw.
With the interview slated to start in just a few seconds, Overstreet was pressed into action and given a list of questions to ask Harvick on-camera for his responses.
The only problem is Overstreet was given a bogus question list, not the one with the “real” queries that Yocum was supposed to ask.
Among the beauty’s Overstreet asked Harvick: “What are some qualities in your pizza that you expect out of your race car?” (One of Harvick’s sponsors when he races for JRM in select NNS races is Hunt Brothers Pizza.)
Here’s another question that Overstreet posed to Harvick: “What’s more likely to happen, Danica (Patrick) eats one piece of pizza or Tony Stewart eats a whole pizza?”
Without giving too much more away, check out the video below:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0