May 3, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Ashton Kutcher has nothing on NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick when it comes to pranking someone.
Harvick recently punk’d his Nationwide Series public relations director Tyler Overstreet, of JR Motorsports. It was nothing short of a classic.
Everyone from JRM communications director Mike Davis to Fox on NASCAR announcer Matt Yocum were in on the joke with Harvick.
Everyone but Overstreet, that is.
The video of the incident is below, but let’s give you a quick recap of what happened.
Yocum was supposed to do an interview with Harvick at JRM’s headquarters, but an unexpected last-second call from Yocum’s “boss” (actually, it was Davis) told Yocum that it would be a conflict of interest for him to do the sit-down and that Matt would have to withdraw.
With the interview slated to start in just a few seconds, Overstreet was pressed into action and given a list of questions to ask Harvick on-camera for his responses.
The only problem is Overstreet was given a bogus question list, not the one with the “real” queries that Yocum was supposed to ask.
Among the beauty’s Overstreet asked Harvick: “What are some qualities in your pizza that you expect out of your race car?” (One of Harvick’s sponsors when he races for JRM in select NNS races is Hunt Brothers Pizza.)
Here’s another question that Overstreet posed to Harvick: “What’s more likely to happen, Danica (Patrick) eats one piece of pizza or Tony Stewart eats a whole pizza?”
Without giving too much more away, check out the video below:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5