May 4, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
If you’re a NASCAR sponsor, you want to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth. Kentucky Fried Chicken should have no worries about that today at Talladega Superspeedway.
Going into this weekend, the fast-food chicken giant announced that not only would it sponsor the No. 34 Front Row Motorsports Ford of David Ragan in today’s Aaron’s 499, but that it would also have its new “Go Cup” be “along for the ride.”
And sure enough, the new product – which houses chicken strips and potato wedges in a cupholder-friendly container – is literally inside Ragan’s cockpit as he aims to repeat his Talladega magic from last spring.
I’m not sure if the visible contents inside are real strips/wedges or not. But if they are real, then perhaps Ragan will partake of them after today’s race – we figure you can work up an appetite after spending three or four hours at 200+ mph.
It bears noting that Ragan’s boss, FRM owner Bob Jenkins, is also a KFC franchisee with outlets in Kentucky, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.
Video from NASCAR America
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0