May 4, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
If you’re a NASCAR sponsor, you want to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth. Kentucky Fried Chicken should have no worries about that today at Talladega Superspeedway.
Going into this weekend, the fast-food chicken giant announced that not only would it sponsor the No. 34 Front Row Motorsports Ford of David Ragan in today’s Aaron’s 499, but that it would also have its new “Go Cup” be “along for the ride.”
And sure enough, the new product – which houses chicken strips and potato wedges in a cupholder-friendly container – is literally inside Ragan’s cockpit as he aims to repeat his Talladega magic from last spring.
I’m not sure if the visible contents inside are real strips/wedges or not. But if they are real, then perhaps Ragan will partake of them after today’s race – we figure you can work up an appetite after spending three or four hours at 200+ mph.
It bears noting that Ragan’s boss, FRM owner Bob Jenkins, is also a KFC franchisee with outlets in Kentucky, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1