May 4, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
If you’re a NASCAR sponsor, you want to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth. Kentucky Fried Chicken should have no worries about that today at Talladega Superspeedway.
Going into this weekend, the fast-food chicken giant announced that not only would it sponsor the No. 34 Front Row Motorsports Ford of David Ragan in today’s Aaron’s 499, but that it would also have its new “Go Cup” be “along for the ride.”
And sure enough, the new product – which houses chicken strips and potato wedges in a cupholder-friendly container – is literally inside Ragan’s cockpit as he aims to repeat his Talladega magic from last spring.
I’m not sure if the visible contents inside are real strips/wedges or not. But if they are real, then perhaps Ragan will partake of them after today’s race – we figure you can work up an appetite after spending three or four hours at 200+ mph.
It bears noting that Ragan’s boss, FRM owner Bob Jenkins, is also a KFC franchisee with outlets in Kentucky, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52