May 4, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
If you’re a NASCAR sponsor, you want to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth. Kentucky Fried Chicken should have no worries about that today at Talladega Superspeedway.
Going into this weekend, the fast-food chicken giant announced that not only would it sponsor the No. 34 Front Row Motorsports Ford of David Ragan in today’s Aaron’s 499, but that it would also have its new “Go Cup” be “along for the ride.”
And sure enough, the new product – which houses chicken strips and potato wedges in a cupholder-friendly container – is literally inside Ragan’s cockpit as he aims to repeat his Talladega magic from last spring.
I’m not sure if the visible contents inside are real strips/wedges or not. But if they are real, then perhaps Ragan will partake of them after today’s race – we figure you can work up an appetite after spending three or four hours at 200+ mph.
It bears noting that Ragan’s boss, FRM owner Bob Jenkins, is also a KFC franchisee with outlets in Kentucky, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 10
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 1