May 4, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
If you’re a NASCAR sponsor, you want to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth. Kentucky Fried Chicken should have no worries about that today at Talladega Superspeedway.
Going into this weekend, the fast-food chicken giant announced that not only would it sponsor the No. 34 Front Row Motorsports Ford of David Ragan in today’s Aaron’s 499, but that it would also have its new “Go Cup” be “along for the ride.”
And sure enough, the new product – which houses chicken strips and potato wedges in a cupholder-friendly container – is literally inside Ragan’s cockpit as he aims to repeat his Talladega magic from last spring.
I’m not sure if the visible contents inside are real strips/wedges or not. But if they are real, then perhaps Ragan will partake of them after today’s race – we figure you can work up an appetite after spending three or four hours at 200+ mph.
It bears noting that Ragan’s boss, FRM owner Bob Jenkins, is also a KFC franchisee with outlets in Kentucky, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1