May 4, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Move over, Ellen DeGeneres. Nico Rosberg might have just outdone you for the ‘Selfie of the Year’ (if that’s a thing).
The German driver took part in a show run at Hockenheim in Germany today using F1 legend Juan Manuel Fangio’s Mercedes W196 car, celebrating the beginning of the new DTM season.
The car is one of the greatest in the history of the sport, winning 75% of the races it entered. Fangio won his second of five world titles using the car.
However, Rosberg step further (as if driving Fangio’s car isn’t already awesome enough): he got his phone out throughout the run to take a number of selfies behind the wheel.
This was by no means an advert for driving safety, but it’s definitely pretty damn cool. The car was also sold for almost $30m at an auction in England last year.
— F1® Racing on NBC (@F1onNBCSports) May 4, 2014
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 4
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 3
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 11
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 54