May 4, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Move over, Ellen DeGeneres. Nico Rosberg might have just outdone you for the ‘Selfie of the Year’ (if that’s a thing).
The German driver took part in a show run at Hockenheim in Germany today using F1 legend Juan Manuel Fangio’s Mercedes W196 car, celebrating the beginning of the new DTM season.
The car is one of the greatest in the history of the sport, winning 75% of the races it entered. Fangio won his second of five world titles using the car.
However, Rosberg step further (as if driving Fangio’s car isn’t already awesome enough): he got his phone out throughout the run to take a number of selfies behind the wheel.
This was by no means an advert for driving safety, but it’s definitely pretty damn cool. The car was also sold for almost $30m at an auction in England last year.
— F1® Racing on NBC (@F1onNBCSports) May 4, 2014
Video from NASCAR America
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 1
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 2
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 5
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4