May 4, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Move over, Ellen DeGeneres. Nico Rosberg might have just outdone you for the ‘Selfie of the Year’ (if that’s a thing).
The German driver took part in a show run at Hockenheim in Germany today using F1 legend Juan Manuel Fangio’s Mercedes W196 car, celebrating the beginning of the new DTM season.
The car is one of the greatest in the history of the sport, winning 75% of the races it entered. Fangio won his second of five world titles using the car.
However, Rosberg step further (as if driving Fangio’s car isn’t already awesome enough): he got his phone out throughout the run to take a number of selfies behind the wheel.
This was by no means an advert for driving safety, but it’s definitely pretty damn cool. The car was also sold for almost $30m at an auction in England last year.
— F1® Racing on NBC (@F1onNBCSports) May 4, 2014
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0