May 4, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Move over, Ellen DeGeneres. Nico Rosberg might have just outdone you for the ‘Selfie of the Year’ (if that’s a thing).
The German driver took part in a show run at Hockenheim in Germany today using F1 legend Juan Manuel Fangio’s Mercedes W196 car, celebrating the beginning of the new DTM season.
The car is one of the greatest in the history of the sport, winning 75% of the races it entered. Fangio won his second of five world titles using the car.
However, Rosberg step further (as if driving Fangio’s car isn’t already awesome enough): he got his phone out throughout the run to take a number of selfies behind the wheel.
This was by no means an advert for driving safety, but it’s definitely pretty damn cool. The car was also sold for almost $30m at an auction in England last year.
— F1® Racing on NBC (@F1onNBCSports) May 4, 2014
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 87
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 14
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1