May 5, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
The team announced the news not long after Bowyer, in typical Bowyer fashion, revealed the news of his son as “it’s got a dingy!”
Back to the professional side though, this removes the distraction of free agency and should allow Bowyer, who posted his best finish of the year Sunday in Talladega, to focus completely on the task at hand the rest of the year.
“This is big news for all of us,” said Bowyer, an eight-time winner in NASCAR Sprint Cup competition, and who will make his 300th start this Sunday at Kansas Speedway. “It creates great stability and excitement about what the next few years can bring.”
One other thing they can bring is fellow extensions with crew chief Brian Pattie and primary sponsor 5-hour ENERGY. The 5-hour deal is for 24 races with PEAK and AAA Mid-Atlantic the other two.
“MWR is my racing home and continuing this relationship with 5-hour ENERGY was a high priority,” Bowyer said. “It’s time to put the paperwork in a drawer and focus on winning.”
Indeed Bowyer, who finished second in the 2012 championship, has not win since that year. He took three wins in the 2012 season.
- Juan Pablo Montoya, Will Power go looking for fun, wind up with ‘Sex Tape’ 1
- Brickyard owes Juan Pablo Montoya one, but will it pay off Sunday? 1
- Everyone worried about a Kenseth win — except Matt himself 0
- Hungarian GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Matt Kenseth fastest in Friday’s Sprint Cup practice at Indy 0