May 5, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
The team announced the news not long after Bowyer, in typical Bowyer fashion, revealed the news of his son as “it’s got a dingy!”
Back to the professional side though, this removes the distraction of free agency and should allow Bowyer, who posted his best finish of the year Sunday in Talladega, to focus completely on the task at hand the rest of the year.
“This is big news for all of us,” said Bowyer, an eight-time winner in NASCAR Sprint Cup competition, and who will make his 300th start this Sunday at Kansas Speedway. “It creates great stability and excitement about what the next few years can bring.”
One other thing they can bring is fellow extensions with crew chief Brian Pattie and primary sponsor 5-hour ENERGY. The 5-hour deal is for 24 races with PEAK and AAA Mid-Atlantic the other two.
“MWR is my racing home and continuing this relationship with 5-hour ENERGY was a high priority,” Bowyer said. “It’s time to put the paperwork in a drawer and focus on winning.”
Indeed Bowyer, who finished second in the 2012 championship, has not win since that year. He took three wins in the 2012 season.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5