May 5, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
One day after enduring through a case of hot foot to finish third at Talladega Superspeedway in the Aaron’s 499 – and less than two weeks after he got married in the Bahamas – Michael Waltrip Racing’s Clint Bowyer has announced that he and new wife Lorra are going to become parents.
Naturally, his tweet that confirmed the happy news saw him announce it in his own, fun-loving way.
Yep, it’s a boy. Time will tell if he gets his father’s sense of humor (and his heavy right foot).
The announcement comes as the Sprint Cup Series prepares to make its first-ever Saturday night appearance at Kansas Speedway this coming weekend.
No doubt the locals will be out in full force to support Bowyer, who is a native of the Sunflower State.
But for now, we at MotorSportsTalk give him and Lorra our congratulations.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 0
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3