May 5, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
One day after enduring through a case of hot foot to finish third at Talladega Superspeedway in the Aaron’s 499 – and less than two weeks after he got married in the Bahamas – Michael Waltrip Racing’s Clint Bowyer has announced that he and new wife Lorra are going to become parents.
Naturally, his tweet that confirmed the happy news saw him announce it in his own, fun-loving way.
Yep, it’s a boy. Time will tell if he gets his father’s sense of humor (and his heavy right foot).
The announcement comes as the Sprint Cup Series prepares to make its first-ever Saturday night appearance at Kansas Speedway this coming weekend.
No doubt the locals will be out in full force to support Bowyer, who is a native of the Sunflower State.
But for now, we at MotorSportsTalk give him and Lorra our congratulations.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0