May 5, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
One day after enduring through a case of hot foot to finish third at Talladega Superspeedway in the Aaron’s 499 – and less than two weeks after he got married in the Bahamas – Michael Waltrip Racing’s Clint Bowyer has announced that he and new wife Lorra are going to become parents.
Naturally, his tweet that confirmed the happy news saw him announce it in his own, fun-loving way.
Yep, it’s a boy. Time will tell if he gets his father’s sense of humor (and his heavy right foot).
The announcement comes as the Sprint Cup Series prepares to make its first-ever Saturday night appearance at Kansas Speedway this coming weekend.
No doubt the locals will be out in full force to support Bowyer, who is a native of the Sunflower State.
But for now, we at MotorSportsTalk give him and Lorra our congratulations.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 11
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3