May 5, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
One day after enduring through a case of hot foot to finish third at Talladega Superspeedway in the Aaron’s 499 – and less than two weeks after he got married in the Bahamas – Michael Waltrip Racing’s Clint Bowyer has announced that he and new wife Lorra are going to become parents.
Naturally, his tweet that confirmed the happy news saw him announce it in his own, fun-loving way.
Yep, it’s a boy. Time will tell if he gets his father’s sense of humor (and his heavy right foot).
The announcement comes as the Sprint Cup Series prepares to make its first-ever Saturday night appearance at Kansas Speedway this coming weekend.
No doubt the locals will be out in full force to support Bowyer, who is a native of the Sunflower State.
But for now, we at MotorSportsTalk give him and Lorra our congratulations.
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0