May 5, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
One day after enduring through a case of hot foot to finish third at Talladega Superspeedway in the Aaron’s 499 – and less than two weeks after he got married in the Bahamas – Michael Waltrip Racing’s Clint Bowyer has announced that he and new wife Lorra are going to become parents.
Naturally, his tweet that confirmed the happy news saw him announce it in his own, fun-loving way.
Yep, it’s a boy. Time will tell if he gets his father’s sense of humor (and his heavy right foot).
The announcement comes as the Sprint Cup Series prepares to make its first-ever Saturday night appearance at Kansas Speedway this coming weekend.
No doubt the locals will be out in full force to support Bowyer, who is a native of the Sunflower State.
But for now, we at MotorSportsTalk give him and Lorra our congratulations.
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 0
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 0
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 1
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0
- Hunter-Reay fastest in final Mid-Ohio warm up despite spinning out 0
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0