May 5, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will remain as such through the 2022 season, as NASCAR has confirmed a seven-year agreement with the company to remain the title sponsor for its No. 3 national series.
Camping World took over the Truck Series sponsorship in 2009 from Sears’ Craftsman tool brand, which was the series’ initial backer.
Earlier this year at Phoenix, company CEO and CNBC “The Profit” star Marcus Lemonis had said Camping World would be going in for a major extension of its sponsorship deal.
NASCAR promptly issued a statement that said while it was pleased with how discussions were going, an agreement had not been signed and that “as soon as we have news to share, we will let you know.”
Today, they did just that.
“The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series has one of the most consistent and durable audiences in all of sports, averaging approximately 800,000 or more television viewers per event over the past six years,” NASCAR chief marketing officer Steve Phelps said in a statement.
“Camping World’s seven-year continued commitment to our sport demonstrates its confidence in our on-track product and strength of our brand loyal fan base.”
The continued partnership should pay more dividends for Lemonis’ company, which has been able to expand its store count by 35 percent since landing the Truck Series sponsorship.
“Camping World and NASCAR are mutually invested in the growth of a national series that is celebrated for its exciting brand of racing and the most loyal fan base in the country,” Lemonis said in his thoughts.
“Six years ago, we felt strongly that the sponsorship would dramatically increase our customer base and it’s delivered. We expect to see continued success in the coming years.”
The CWTS returns to action this Friday night at Kansas Speedway in the SFP 250.
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 0
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 0
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5
- Ron Dennis clears up Alonso crash rumors; confirms he was briefly knocked unconscious but was not concussed 3
- McLaren confirms Alonso leaves hospital, and is out for final test 0