May 6, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
First off, I’m not sure how I’m just seeing this now. And second, James Hinchcliffe may have a new heir (or hair) apparent in terms of quirky Canadians on the North American open-wheel ladder making a name for themselves thanks to self-deprecating YouTube videos.
You see, before Hinchcliffe became a Verizon IndyCar Series race winner and one of the series’ most popular drivers, the Toronto native did things like go through the Formula Atlantic paddock and give people a taste of a Johnsonville bratwurst (Road America, 2008), have one of his Indy Lights crew members eat a giant sandwich (2009), and take a bath in his sister’s dog washing machine (2010).
The quirkiness made Hinchcliffe’s name more well known beyond his on-track ability, which he honed and developed over five years and then parlayed into his rookie season in IndyCar in 2011, where he was rookie-of-the-year in a deep, six-driver class.
With that as a backdrop, meet Winnipeg native and redhead Daniel Burkett, who is in his second season on the Cooper Tire USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda with Belardi Auto Racing.
Burkett takes us on a quick ride of the process for how to search for sponsorship. Is it reality? No. But is it close to reality? Yep, sure is.
See if you think “Danny Burks” has what it takes in the quirky Canadian department to match up to “Hinch.” We look forward to seeing more of these videos as the year progresses.
And good news already for Burkett is that this video is Hinchcliffe-approved:
— James Hinchcliffe (@Hinchtown) May 6, 2014
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52