May 6, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
Dale Earnhardt Jr. appeared ready to contend once more at Talladega Superspeedway, but the Junior Nation went home unhappy as their hero wound up 26th in Sunday’s Aaron’s 499 after leading 26 laps.
Late in the running, Earnhardt decided to drop back in order to avoid potential wrecks. But while a four-car pileup did occur with 12 laps remaining, he was unable to make a charge off the next restart after Josh Wise moved high and blocked his momentum.
Another crash set up one last run to the checkers with three laps to go, but Earnhardt couldn’t make headway.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, which airs at 6 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for online/mobile devices, Earnhardt’s decision at ‘Dega will be a topic of discussion for host Marty Snider and analyst Jeff Burton.
Also on tap:
- Another edition of “Scan All 43″, featuring the best sights and in-car radio bites from Sunday’s event…
- NBCSN reporter Kelli Stavast talks with Richard Childress Racing’s Ryan Newman, who sits ninth in the Sprint Cup standings but has yet to win this season…
- And Jeff Burton will also talk about an important piece of safety equipment for the drivers – their “wraparound” head protection devices…
Just be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 6 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Video from NASCAR America
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 1
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 1
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 1
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 8
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0
- McLaren reveals Honda-powered MP4-30 for 2015 F1 season 2