May 7, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
Kyle Busch learned his lesson after being cited for speeding for going 128 mph in a 45 mph zone three years ago.
Old Leadfoot … uh, make that the younger Busch brother, has once again been nailed for speeding in another 45 mph zone, according to Charlotte TV station WSOC.
Only this time, Busch’s offending speed was a more reasonable 60 mph in a 45 mph zone when he was stopped April 29 at 7:45 pm ET while driving through the northwest suburban Charlotte hamlet of Denver, N.C.
The North Carolina Highway Patrol trooper who issued Busch the speeding ticket (copy above) made sure to point out Busch’s “disrespectful attitude” on the citation.
Busch reportedly told the trooper he thought the speed limit was 55 mph, according to WSOC.
No court date has been announced, and Busch has thus far refused comment on the incident.
This is at least the third traffic citation Busch has received in the last eight years.
In 2006, he was cited for reckless driving in Richmond, Va., after “chirping” his tires while exiting a gas station.
Then there was the infamous citation in 2011, when Busch was caught on radar by a sheriff’s deputy doing 83 mph over the limit (128 mph in a 45 mph zone) north of Mooresville, N.C.
He was charged in that incident with careless and reckless driving and speeding. Busch pleaded guilty to the latter charge, paid a $1,000 fine, had his driver’s license suspended for 45 days and was placed on one year of unsupervised probation.
It’s unlikely Busch will be penalized by NASCAR for his latest infraction, as the sanctioning body considered his two previous run-ins a private matter and did not sanction him.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 0
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 3
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 12
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2