May 7, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Typecasting Dale Earnhardt Jr. as “The Wheelman” in a “short film” that looks suspiciously like an extended commercial isn’t too much of a stretch, considering what Junior does in his regular job.
But the premise of Junior as a wheelman for a bunch of his buddies burglarizing a Taco Bell restaurant thirsty for “Mountain Dew Baja Blast,” and then clean out a grocery store freezer selling the tropical lime-flavored drink in bottles and cans for the first time – and in a classic Chevy Camaro Junior nicknamed “Barbara” that can be temperamental getting going at times — is, well, a little hard to believe.
With his net worth, Junior could probably buy himself 1,000 Taco Bell franchises – if not the entire company – and wouldn’t have to resort to burglarizing a place simply for the drink it’s serving.
Be that as it may, Earnhardt fans will likely get a kick out of the new “short film.”
And as a press release touting the larger availability of Baja Blast succinctly says, “While Mountain Dew Baja Blast is always available at Taco Bell, consumers will have to move fast to buy it at retail, as the fan-favorite will head back to Taco Bell exclusively at the end of the summer … or when supplies run out.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 0
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 4
- WATCH LIVE: Malaysian GP live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 2:30a ET 0
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 3