May 7, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Typecasting Dale Earnhardt Jr. as “The Wheelman” in a “short film” that looks suspiciously like an extended commercial isn’t too much of a stretch, considering what Junior does in his regular job.
But the premise of Junior as a wheelman for a bunch of his buddies burglarizing a Taco Bell restaurant thirsty for “Mountain Dew Baja Blast,” and then clean out a grocery store freezer selling the tropical lime-flavored drink in bottles and cans for the first time – and in a classic Chevy Camaro Junior nicknamed “Barbara” that can be temperamental getting going at times — is, well, a little hard to believe.
With his net worth, Junior could probably buy himself 1,000 Taco Bell franchises – if not the entire company – and wouldn’t have to resort to burglarizing a place simply for the drink it’s serving.
Be that as it may, Earnhardt fans will likely get a kick out of the new “short film.”
And as a press release touting the larger availability of Baja Blast succinctly says, “While Mountain Dew Baja Blast is always available at Taco Bell, consumers will have to move fast to buy it at retail, as the fan-favorite will head back to Taco Bell exclusively at the end of the summer … or when supplies run out.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 0
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2
- F1 Paddock Pass: Bahrain Grand Prix (VIDEO) 1
- 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix Preview 0
- Preview: Anyone’s game as IndyCar heads to historic Long Beach 1