May 7, 2014, 2:55 PM EST
Typecasting Dale Earnhardt Jr. as “The Wheelman” in a “short film” that looks suspiciously like an extended commercial isn’t too much of a stretch, considering what Junior does in his regular job.
But the premise of Junior as a wheelman for a bunch of his buddies burglarizing a Taco Bell restaurant thirsty for “Mountain Dew Baja Blast,” and then clean out a grocery store freezer selling the tropical lime-flavored drink in bottles and cans for the first time – and in a classic Chevy Camaro Junior nicknamed “Barbara” that can be temperamental getting going at times — is, well, a little hard to believe.
With his net worth, Junior could probably buy himself 1,000 Taco Bell franchises – if not the entire company – and wouldn’t have to resort to burglarizing a place simply for the drink it’s serving.
Be that as it may, Earnhardt fans will likely get a kick out of the new “short film.”
And as a press release touting the larger availability of Baja Blast succinctly says, “While Mountain Dew Baja Blast is always available at Taco Bell, consumers will have to move fast to buy it at retail, as the fan-favorite will head back to Taco Bell exclusively at the end of the summer … or when supplies run out.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5