May 7, 2014, 9:33 AM EDT
Working with Engage Mobile Solutions, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing crewmembers wore Google Glass during last week’s Verizon IndyCar Series test session at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course, to provide an up close and personal look at a pit stop on Graham Rahal’s No. 15 National Guard Honda.
Teams have utilized “helmet cams” before, but this is the first IndyCar team rolling out Google’s newest technology to try it out.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1