May 7, 2014, 9:33 AM EST
Working with Engage Mobile Solutions, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing crewmembers wore Google Glass during last week’s Verizon IndyCar Series test session at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course, to provide an up close and personal look at a pit stop on Graham Rahal’s No. 15 National Guard Honda.
Teams have utilized “helmet cams” before, but this is the first IndyCar team rolling out Google’s newest technology to try it out.
Video from NASCAR America
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 16