May 7, 2014, 9:33 AM EDT
Working with Engage Mobile Solutions, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing crewmembers wore Google Glass during last week’s Verizon IndyCar Series test session at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course, to provide an up close and personal look at a pit stop on Graham Rahal’s No. 15 National Guard Honda.
Teams have utilized “helmet cams” before, but this is the first IndyCar team rolling out Google’s newest technology to try it out.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5