The Penske Files: Ryan Blaney gets ‘rookie training’ in preparation for first Sprint Cup start Saturday at Kansas
May 7, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
After watching the latest edition of The Penske Files, we have an uncontrollable urge to want to throw some things around.
To find out why, you’ll have to watch the latest edition of TPF, featuring Ryan Blaney, who will make his Sprint Cup debut in this Saturday’s race at Kansas Speedway.
The normally mild-mannered Blaney is grilled during “Team Penske Rookie Training” on how to respond to media inquiries about the goals for his first Cup start, what he should say if Cup regulars approach him and the always gratuitous “Are you ready for your Sprint Cup debut?”
Blaney finally gets the hang of things — or shall we say he finally passes his training with just the right … uh, err, subtle response.
Check out the video below:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 2
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 5
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 8
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0