May 8, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Drag racing is more than just a situation where you put the pedal to the metal and hang on for dear life.
Over the last decade-plus, technology found in other forms of motorsports such as IndyCar and NASCAR has also found its way into the world of National Hot Rod Association drag racing.
One of those technology elements that has taken on crucial importance is wind tunnel testing.
Racers talk about it all the time, it seems, but most fans really don’t have much of an idea of what goes on.
Former NHRA Pro Stock champion Allen Johnson recently took his new Hemi-powered Dodge Dart into the wind tunnel, and through the magic of video, fans can come along for the ride to see what goes on in testing as car bodies are eventually manipulated and reconfigured to maximize the best air flow over and around those bodies.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 2
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 10
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0