May 8, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Thursday’s NASCAR AMERICA was jam-packed with news, including introducing the 2014-15 NASCAR Next class of up-and-coming drivers on the horizon who could be in the Sprint Cup Series before you know it.
And it’s also prediction time for Saturday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway.
Let’s kick it off here:
Leigh Diffey and Jeff Burton introduce some of the 2014-15 NASCAR Next class, discuss what it means to be in this group and why it’s important for NASCAR to develop these kids.
Leigh and Jeff Burton also lay down their predictions for this Saturday night’s Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway, the first time the 1.5-mile track has hosted a Cup event under the lights. Jeff gives his three favorites this week — and one is not a surprise: six-time Sprint Cup champ Jimmie Johnson, who is still seeking his first victory of 2014.
Video from NASCAR America
- Ryan Blaney passes Kyle Busch on final restart, hangs on to win Nationwide race at Bristol 0
- Kevin Harvick edges Jeff Gordon for Bristol Sprint Cup pole 0
- Will A.J. Allmendinger seek payback for Brad Daugherty’s practical joke? 0
- 2015 NASCAR Schedule to be Revealed Tuesday, 5 p.m. ET, on special NASCAR AMERICA 0
- Rossi disappointed, but diplomatic, after Marussia no-go 1
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0