May 8, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Thursday’s NASCAR AMERICA was jam-packed with news, including introducing the 2014-15 NASCAR Next class of up-and-coming drivers on the horizon who could be in the Sprint Cup Series before you know it.
And it’s also prediction time for Saturday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway.
Let’s kick it off here:
Leigh Diffey and Jeff Burton introduce some of the 2014-15 NASCAR Next class, discuss what it means to be in this group and why it’s important for NASCAR to develop these kids.
Leigh and Jeff Burton also lay down their predictions for this Saturday night’s Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway, the first time the 1.5-mile track has hosted a Cup event under the lights. Jeff gives his three favorites this week — and one is not a surprise: six-time Sprint Cup champ Jimmie Johnson, who is still seeking his first victory of 2014.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the United States GP 0
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 4
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0