May 8, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Thursday’s NASCAR AMERICA was jam-packed with news, including introducing the 2014-15 NASCAR Next class of up-and-coming drivers on the horizon who could be in the Sprint Cup Series before you know it.
And it’s also prediction time for Saturday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway.
Let’s kick it off here:
Leigh Diffey and Jeff Burton introduce some of the 2014-15 NASCAR Next class, discuss what it means to be in this group and why it’s important for NASCAR to develop these kids.
Leigh and Jeff Burton also lay down their predictions for this Saturday night’s Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway, the first time the 1.5-mile track has hosted a Cup event under the lights. Jeff gives his three favorites this week — and one is not a surprise: six-time Sprint Cup champ Jimmie Johnson, who is still seeking his first victory of 2014.
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0