May 9, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Today’s on-track events at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway are done, but there’s still lots of activity in and around the Brickyard.
In addition to tonight’s “Rev” charity cuisine event inside the Speedway grounds, nearby Main Street in Speedway, Indiana is hosting the “Festival on Main.” Also a charity event, the Festival is featuring, among other things, appearances from multiple Verizon IndyCar Series drivers and a celebrity dunk tank.
One of those celebrities that’s already been dunked tonight is none other than NBCSN’s own IndyCar reporter, Robin Miller – and doing the honors was none other than the reigning Indy 500 winner, Tony Kanaan.
The event not only made the 6 p.m. news in Indianapolis, but also got tweeted out by Marshall Pruett of RACER Magazine, another outlet that Miller contributes to. Pruett credited the clip itself to Benito Santos, who handles public relations for Kanaan.
You can check it out at the top. Remember, NBCSN will be part of the Month of May with Indianapolis 500 Carb Day coverage on May 23rd starting at 11 a.m. ET.
We presume that Miller will have dried out by then.
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 2
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 5
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 8
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0