May 10, 2014, 4:45 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton heads into the final practice session for the Spanish Grand Prix looking to maintain his perfect record so far this weekend, having finished fastest in FP1 and FP2 on Friday. The session also marks the final opportunity for the teams to get to grips with their cars before qualifying this afternoon.
It might have been all good news for Hamilton, but Sebastian Vettel has endured a difficult weekend so far. The defending world champion was forced to stop during FP1 after just four laps because of an electrical problem. It turned out to be so severe that he could not take part in FP2, but Red Bull have worked overnight to ensure that he can run in FP3.
With a raft of new upgrades being introduced for this weekend’s race, there has been a slight reshuffling of the deck. McLaren and Lotus appear to have made some gains, as has Marussia who finished well clear of Caterham in both practice sessions.
At the front though, it still seems to be all about Mercedes. Can the German team make it five wins from five races this weekend?
- F1 Paddock Pass: Italian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/5 at 9:30am ET on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 1
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 4
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 4