May 10, 2014, 4:45 AM EST
Lewis Hamilton heads into the final practice session for the Spanish Grand Prix looking to maintain his perfect record so far this weekend, having finished fastest in FP1 and FP2 on Friday. The session also marks the final opportunity for the teams to get to grips with their cars before qualifying this afternoon.
It might have been all good news for Hamilton, but Sebastian Vettel has endured a difficult weekend so far. The defending world champion was forced to stop during FP1 after just four laps because of an electrical problem. It turned out to be so severe that he could not take part in FP2, but Red Bull have worked overnight to ensure that he can run in FP3.
With a raft of new upgrades being introduced for this weekend’s race, there has been a slight reshuffling of the deck. McLaren and Lotus appear to have made some gains, as has Marussia who finished well clear of Caterham in both practice sessions.
At the front though, it still seems to be all about Mercedes. Can the German team make it five wins from five races this weekend?
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5