May 12, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The Formula One contingent will return to Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya tomorrow and Wednesday for the second in-season test of the 2014 World Championship.
F1 tire manufacturer Pirelli will work with Sauber and Toro Rosso tomorrow, and then McLaren and Force India on Wednesday. However, all 11 squads will be in attendance for the two-day session.
The driver lineups have been confirmed with seven of the teams’ reserve racers getting seat time: Sebastien Buemi (Red Bull), Charles Pic (Lotus), Stoffel Vandoorne (McLaren), Daniel Juncadella (Force India), Giedo van der Garde (Sauber), Susie Wolff (Williams), and Robin Frijns (Caterham).
Ferrari will be the only team to use a single driver for the Spain test, putting Kimi Raikkonen in the car for both days.
Additionally, Mercedes will be testing a prototype exhaust system that could provide a solution to the noise issue that’s emerged with the introduction of the new V6 power units.
Sebastien Buemi (Tuesday), Sebastian Vettel (Wednesday)
Lewis Hamilton (Tuesday), Nico Rosberg (Wednesday)
Kimi Raikkonen (Tuesday and Wednesday)
Charles Pic (Tuesday), Pastor Maldonado (Wednesday)
Jenson Button (Tuesday) Stoffel Vandoorne (Wednesday)
Nico Hulkenberg (Tuesday), Daniel Juncadella (Wednesday)
Giedo van der Garde (Tuesday), Esteban Gutierrez (Wednesday)
Jean-Eric Vergne (Tuesday), Daniil Kvyat (Wednesday)
Felipe Massa (Tuesday), Susie Wolff (Wednesday)
Max Chilton (Tuesday), Jules Bianchi (Wednesday)
Kamui Kobayashi (Tuesday), Robin Frijns (Wednesday)
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 2