May 12, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Entry lists are out for the weekend’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races, which this weekend, are the non-points Sprint All-Star Race (Saturday) and Sprint Showdown (Friday). The top two from the Sprint Showdown, plus a fan vote winner, advance into Saturday’s All-Star Race.
The Showdown has been moved to Friday this year to increase action for the fans; the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race runs that night, as well.
For the All-Star Race, the 19 drivers already in the field are the 19 race winners from 2013 and thus far in 2014. So that includes:
- Hendrick Motorsports: 48-Jimmie Johnson, 5-Kasey Kahne, 24-Jeff Gordon, 88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Roush Fenway Racing: 99-Carl Edwards, 16-Greg Biffle
- Joe Gibbs Racing: 20-Matt Kenseth, 18-Kyle Busch, 11-Denny Hamlin
- Stewart-Haas Racing: 4-Kevin Harvick, 14-Tony Stewart, 41-Kurt Busch
- Team Penske: 2-Brad Keselowski, 22-Joey Logano
- Front Row Motorsports: 34-David Ragan
- Furniture Row Racing: 78-Martin Truex Jr.
- Michael Waltrip Racing: 55-Brian Vickers
- Richard Childress Racing: 31-Ryan Newman
- Chip Ganassi Racing: 1-Jamie McMurray
By process of elimination, that leaves these 23 for the Showdown:
- Richard Childress Racing: 3-Austin Dillon, 27-Paul Menard
- Tommy Baldwin Racing: 7-Michael Annett, 36-Reed Sorenson
- Richard Petty Motorsports: 9-Marcos Ambrose, 43-Aric Almirola
- BK Racing: 23-Alex Bowman, 83-Ryan Truex, 26-Cole Whitt (ex-Swan)
- Joe Falk/Mike Hillman teams: 33-David Stremme, 40-Landon Cassill
- Stewart-Haas Racing: 10-Danica Patrick
- Germain Racing: 13-Casey Mears
- Michael Waltrip Racing: 15-Clint Bowyer
- Roush Fenway Racing: 17-Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
- FAS Lane Racing: 32-Blake Koch
- Front Row Motorsports: 38-David Gilliland
- Chip Ganassi Racing: 42-Kyle Larson
- Xxxtreme Motorsports: 44-JJ Yeley (ex-No. 30 Swan)
- JTG Daugherty Racing: 47-AJ Allmendinger
- Jay Robinson: 66-Joe Nemechek
- Randy Humphrey: 77-Dave Blaney
- Mike Curb: 98-Josh Wise
Figure Larson, Bowyer, Allmendinger, maybe Menard, Dillon and Patrick and for sure Mears and Ambrose will be the ones to watch in the Showdown as they race for the transfer spots.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5