May 12, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Petty family is dealing with another loss.
Earlier today, Richard Petty Motorsports confirmed the death of Patricia Petty, the wife of NASCAR Hall of Fame engine builder/crew chief Maurice Petty and the sister-in-law of seven-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Richard Petty. She passed away on Sunday.
Her loss comes less than two months after Richard’s wife, Lynda, died at the age of 72. Richard has released the following statement:
“We all love Patricia. She was another cornerstone in the Petty family and was always there for Maurice and allowed us to do what we loved to do. She was just another special part of the family. We’ll miss her and give our love and support to Maurice and his family at this time.”
The confirmation of Patricia’s death comes on the 14th anniversary of the 2000 death of Adam Petty, Richard’s grandson and the first fourth-generation driver in NASCAR history.
Our thoughts are with the Petty family at this time.
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0
- Johansson: Haas has done its homework ahead of F1 entry 0
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1