May 12, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Only two avenues are open for drivers that did not win a Sprint Cup race in 2013 or so far in 2014 to make Saturday night’s Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
One is winning or finishing second in the Sprint Showdown preliminary on Friday night (CLICK HERE for both events’ entry lists).
The other is winning the Sprint Fan Vote, which will be open through that particular time (7 p.m. ET).
And earlier today, the Twitter account for Miss Sprint Cup revealed the current Top 10 drivers in that Fan Vote.
They are: AJ Allmendinger (JTG Daugherty Racing), Aric Almirola (Richard Petty Motorsports), Marcos Ambrose (Petty), Clint Bowyer (Michael Waltrip Racing), Austin Dillon (Richard Childress Racing), Kyle Larson (Chip Ganassi Racing), Casey Mears (Germain Racing), Danica Patrick (Stewart-Haas Racing), Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (Roush Fenway Racing) and Josh Wise (Phil Parsons Racing).
But what made the Twitter unveiling unique was that each of these ten drivers were represented by a stylized portrait of themselves. Seriously, if the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte decides to open up an art exhibit on the sport, you’d figure these would be part of the display.
Barring that, we wouldn’t be surprised to see them end up on posters or T-shirts sometime soon. You can check out the portraits for yourselves here.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 0
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1
- Joey Logano: ‘We’re ready’ to win Sprint Cup championship 1
- Kyle Busch ready to claim his ‘second’ Sprint Cup championship 2
- Marcos Ambrose decision to leave RPM, NASCAR due to family, desire to return to Australia 4