May 12, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Only two avenues are open for drivers that did not win a Sprint Cup race in 2013 or so far in 2014 to make Saturday night’s Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
One is winning or finishing second in the Sprint Showdown preliminary on Friday night (CLICK HERE for both events’ entry lists).
The other is winning the Sprint Fan Vote, which will be open through that particular time (7 p.m. ET).
And earlier today, the Twitter account for Miss Sprint Cup revealed the current Top 10 drivers in that Fan Vote.
They are: AJ Allmendinger (JTG Daugherty Racing), Aric Almirola (Richard Petty Motorsports), Marcos Ambrose (Petty), Clint Bowyer (Michael Waltrip Racing), Austin Dillon (Richard Childress Racing), Kyle Larson (Chip Ganassi Racing), Casey Mears (Germain Racing), Danica Patrick (Stewart-Haas Racing), Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (Roush Fenway Racing) and Josh Wise (Phil Parsons Racing).
But what made the Twitter unveiling unique was that each of these ten drivers were represented by a stylized portrait of themselves. Seriously, if the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte decides to open up an art exhibit on the sport, you’d figure these would be part of the display.
Barring that, we wouldn’t be surprised to see them end up on posters or T-shirts sometime soon. You can check out the portraits for yourselves here.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 1
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 3
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0