May 13, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Alex Brundle will have two new teammates for this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, with past Nissan GT Academy winners Jann Mardenborough and Mark Shulzhitskiy joining him in the No. 35 OAK Racing Ligier JS P2-Nissan.
The Englishman and the Russian won GT Academy in back-to-back years of 2011 and 2012. Shulzhitskiy is a Le Mans debutante while Brundle makes his third Le Mans start, Mardenborough his second.
The team’s LMP2 coupe will carry the Russian G-Drive Racing colors. It’s a new chassis as it’s set to replace the venerable but aging open-top Morgan Nissan, which is being slowly phased out of worldwide competition.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 0
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 7
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1