May 13, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Alex Brundle will have two new teammates for this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, with past Nissan GT Academy winners Jann Mardenborough and Mark Shulzhitskiy joining him in the No. 35 OAK Racing Ligier JS P2-Nissan.
The Englishman and the Russian won GT Academy in back-to-back years of 2011 and 2012. Shulzhitskiy is a Le Mans debutante while Brundle makes his third Le Mans start, Mardenborough his second.
The team’s LMP2 coupe will carry the Russian G-Drive Racing colors. It’s a new chassis as it’s set to replace the venerable but aging open-top Morgan Nissan, which is being slowly phased out of worldwide competition.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 24
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0