May 13, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
Alex Brundle will have two new teammates for this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, with past Nissan GT Academy winners Jann Mardenborough and Mark Shulzhitskiy joining him in the No. 35 OAK Racing Ligier JS P2-Nissan.
The Englishman and the Russian won GT Academy in back-to-back years of 2011 and 2012. Shulzhitskiy is a Le Mans debutante while Brundle makes his third Le Mans start, Mardenborough his second.
The team’s LMP2 coupe will carry the Russian G-Drive Racing colors. It’s a new chassis as it’s set to replace the venerable but aging open-top Morgan Nissan, which is being slowly phased out of worldwide competition.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 0
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 2
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 2
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 8
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 5