May 13, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Alex Brundle will have two new teammates for this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, with past Nissan GT Academy winners Jann Mardenborough and Mark Shulzhitskiy joining him in the No. 35 OAK Racing Ligier JS P2-Nissan.
The Englishman and the Russian won GT Academy in back-to-back years of 2011 and 2012. Shulzhitskiy is a Le Mans debutante while Brundle makes his third Le Mans start, Mardenborough his second.
The team’s LMP2 coupe will carry the Russian G-Drive Racing colors. It’s a new chassis as it’s set to replace the venerable but aging open-top Morgan Nissan, which is being slowly phased out of worldwide competition.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 49
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2