May 13, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Alex Brundle will have two new teammates for this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, with past Nissan GT Academy winners Jann Mardenborough and Mark Shulzhitskiy joining him in the No. 35 OAK Racing Ligier JS P2-Nissan.
The Englishman and the Russian won GT Academy in back-to-back years of 2011 and 2012. Shulzhitskiy is a Le Mans debutante while Brundle makes his third Le Mans start, Mardenborough his second.
The team’s LMP2 coupe will carry the Russian G-Drive Racing colors. It’s a new chassis as it’s set to replace the venerable but aging open-top Morgan Nissan, which is being slowly phased out of worldwide competition.
- NHRA: Beckman blazes to second Funny Car win of season at Kansas; Crampton, Enders-Stevens also win 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 6
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 52
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0