May 13, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Apparently, the Dogecoin crowd really liked what they saw from Josh Wise a couple of weeks ago at Talladega Superspeedway.
You know the story by now: A group of NASCAR fans on Reddit crowd-funded Wise’s No. 98 Phil Parsons Racing car for ‘Dega with the virtual “crypto-currency,” and Wise valiantly took the ‘DogeCar’ into the Top 5 before finishing 20th in the Aaron’s 499.
Now, Wise is looking to get himself and PPR into this weekend’s Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He’s currently one of the Top 10 drivers in the Sprint Fan Vote, which is one of two ways Wise can make Saturday’s All-Star extravaganza (the other being a first or second-place finish in Friday’s Sprint Showdown).
And his new friends within the Dogecoin community are doing their part to help the former USAC product earn the chance to race for $1 million.
Today, a video surfaced that’s one part campaign video, one part trailer for a Hollywood action movie blockbuster. As thundering music sets the tone, the video declares: “We brought Dogecoin to NASCAR. But our journey is not over.”
Oh, and Wise also destroys his rivals with laser eyes. We didn’t know he had that power.
You can check out the full video above. And if this happens to persuade you to vote for Wise, just remember that the Sprint Fan Vote ends on Friday night.
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage plans to talk with IndyCar about potential changes to cars 4
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 1
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 4