May 14, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Forget a new TV for the man cave. And puh-leeze, not another tie or socks or underpants.
If you REALLY want to make the biggest hit for Father’s Day, tell your dad you’re taking him for a ride.
In the Goodyear Blimp.
With Mother’s Day now past, NASCAR is focusing on a one-of-a-kind promotion as part of it’s “NASCAR With Dad” Father’s Day promotion.
“For generations, the bonds between parents and children have been cemented through sharing memorable NASCAR experiences,” Matt Shulman, NASCAR managing director of marketing platforms, said in a media release. “This campaign celebrates those special Father’s Day memories through the lens of NASCAR.”
But the ride in the blimp, which will take place during the season-ending Ford Championship Weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway, is the icing on the cake.
“We sat in the room and said, ‘What’s the coolest NASCAR prize we could give away that would be a memory that would last a lifetime?'” Shulman told Adweek, “and we decided that being high above the race with your father or your child would definitely be it.”
There’s plenty of other ways for sons and daughters to brag about how wonderful their father is through the “NASCAR With Dad” promotion, with heavy emphasis on social media, with fans sharing their favorite NASCAR memories spent with dad via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other similar avenues.
If you and your dad are not the lucky winner of the blimp ride, there’s a number of other prizes, including 10 runner-up prize packs of driving a real stock car on a real NASCAR track.
NASCAR Productions even made a neat video (below) that shares some of the greatest moments between some of the sport’s best drivers and their sons.
The #NASCARwithDAD contest is open from now through 11:59 p.m. on Father’s Sunday, Sunday, June 15.
To enter or for more information, go to NASCAR.com/NASCARwithDad.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 5
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 9
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 2