Heavy rain, storms force cancellation of both Camping World Truck Series practices Thursday at Charlotte
May 15, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
From three to one – and even that may not be a guarantee.
Such was the case for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, which had both of Thursday’s practices cancelled when heavy rain and storms inundated the Charlotte, N.C. area.
The two sessions were slated to go from 4 to 6 pm ET, and from 7 to 8 pm ET, in preparation for Friday night’s North Carolina Education Lottery 200.
But with a total washout, there will now only be one practice session remaining: Friday morning from 10 a.m. to Noon ET, which has been expanded from one to two hours as a result.
Weather permitting, of course.
Pole qualifying for Friday night’s race (8:30 p.m. ET start) will take place less than three hours before the green flag, at 5:40 p.m. ET.
Friday’s race will be only the fourth of the season in the Trucks series. Matt Crafton, who won last year’s championship, leads this season’s points standings by eight points over Timothy Peters and four-time Trucks champ Ron Hornaday Jr., who are tied for second.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 3
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 9
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 2