May 15, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
When it comes to professional sports, the word GOAT typically means one of two things:
1) Anagram for “Greatest Of All-Time”
2) Slang for making a monumental mistake or error that will forever link an athlete to said mistake (i.e., Bill Buckner’s muff of a ground ball that went through his legs in the 1986 World Series).
Now there’s a third meaning, courtesy of NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr.
And this one as close to GOAT as you can get because it indeed includes a real-life goat.
Wallace is featured in a new short video that is somewhat of a takeoff of college kids pulling an all-nighter to study for a final exam.
Only in Wallace’s case, he’s pulling an all-nighter to prepare for an upcoming Truck series race.
A good chunk of the video is Wallace running a race on the NASCAR ’14 video game, with a little help and advice from his friends, including Larry McReynolds, Jeff Hammond, Danielle Trotta, Ryan Blaney, Miss Sprint Cup Madison Martin and … let’s not forget Olivia the Goat.
To get traction in the social media sphere, the little get-together is attached to the hashtag #BubbaGoatParty.
Check out the video bahhhh-low (sorry, we couldn’t avoid it — and yes, we know sheep sound almost the same way):
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3