May 16, 2014, 1:29 PM EST
For drivers who took part in Friday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, it was a case of one and done.
With rain washing out both practices scheduled for Thursday, NASCAR expanded Friday’s final NCWTS practice to two hours.
Qualifying will take place at 5:40 pm ET Friday afternoon in preparation for Friday evening’s North Carolina Education Lottery 200 (scheduled to start at 8:30 pm ET), which follows the Sprint Showdown qualifying race for Saturday’s Sprint All-Star Race.
Kyle Busch was fastest and quickest in Friday’s only Truck practice session, setting the pace with a best lap of 29.864 seconds at 180.820 mph.
Ben Kennedy, who was 11th-fastest at 179.605 mph (30.066 seconds), completed the most laps (50).
Only 33 drivers took to the track. Slowest were Charles Lewandoski (32.451 seconds, 166.405 mph), Willie Allen (32.744, 164.916) and Norm Benning (33.451, 161.430).
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: Abu Dhabi GP Race Day live on NBCSN from 7a ET 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0