May 16, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
For drivers who took part in Friday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, it was a case of one and done.
With rain washing out both practices scheduled for Thursday, NASCAR expanded Friday’s final NCWTS practice to two hours.
Qualifying will take place at 5:40 pm ET Friday afternoon in preparation for Friday evening’s North Carolina Education Lottery 200 (scheduled to start at 8:30 pm ET), which follows the Sprint Showdown qualifying race for Saturday’s Sprint All-Star Race.
Kyle Busch was fastest and quickest in Friday’s only Truck practice session, setting the pace with a best lap of 29.864 seconds at 180.820 mph.
Ben Kennedy, who was 11th-fastest at 179.605 mph (30.066 seconds), completed the most laps (50).
Only 33 drivers took to the track. Slowest were Charles Lewandoski (32.451 seconds, 166.405 mph), Willie Allen (32.744, 164.916) and Norm Benning (33.451, 161.430).
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0