May 16, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
For drivers who took part in Friday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, it was a case of one and done.
With rain washing out both practices scheduled for Thursday, NASCAR expanded Friday’s final NCWTS practice to two hours.
Qualifying will take place at 5:40 pm ET Friday afternoon in preparation for Friday evening’s North Carolina Education Lottery 200 (scheduled to start at 8:30 pm ET), which follows the Sprint Showdown qualifying race for Saturday’s Sprint All-Star Race.
Kyle Busch was fastest and quickest in Friday’s only Truck practice session, setting the pace with a best lap of 29.864 seconds at 180.820 mph.
Ben Kennedy, who was 11th-fastest at 179.605 mph (30.066 seconds), completed the most laps (50).
Only 33 drivers took to the track. Slowest were Charles Lewandoski (32.451 seconds, 166.405 mph), Willie Allen (32.744, 164.916) and Norm Benning (33.451, 161.430).
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- DiZinno: St. Pete provides solid 2015 season kickoff, but issues some warning signs 1
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 4
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 3
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6