May 16, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Kyle Larson was fastest of the 23 drivers in Friday’s final practice for the Sprint Showdown later that evening.
Only two drivers – the first and second place finishers – will transfer into Saturday’s Sprint All-Star Race, along with a third driver who will be chosen by a fan vote. The fan vote ends Friday at 7 pm ET.
Larson’s top speed was a blistering 194.105 mph, nearly 2 mph faster than second-fastest Aric Almirola (192.438 mph).
Qualifying for Friday night’s race is at 4:10 pm ET, with the actual 20-lap race itself kicking off about three hours later at 7:15 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 9
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 2
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0