May 16, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Kyle Larson was fastest of the 23 drivers in Friday’s final practice for the Sprint Showdown later that evening.
Only two drivers – the first and second place finishers – will transfer into Saturday’s Sprint All-Star Race, along with a third driver who will be chosen by a fan vote. The fan vote ends Friday at 7 pm ET.
Larson’s top speed was a blistering 194.105 mph, nearly 2 mph faster than second-fastest Aric Almirola (192.438 mph).
Qualifying for Friday night’s race is at 4:10 pm ET, with the actual 20-lap race itself kicking off about three hours later at 7:15 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 0
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2