May 16, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Kyle Larson was fastest of the 23 drivers in Friday’s final practice for the Sprint Showdown later that evening.
Only two drivers – the first and second place finishers – will transfer into Saturday’s Sprint All-Star Race, along with a third driver who will be chosen by a fan vote. The fan vote ends Friday at 7 pm ET.
Larson’s top speed was a blistering 194.105 mph, nearly 2 mph faster than second-fastest Aric Almirola (192.438 mph).
Qualifying for Friday night’s race is at 4:10 pm ET, with the actual 20-lap race itself kicking off about three hours later at 7:15 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 2
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 10
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0