May 16, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Kyle Larson was fastest of the 23 drivers in Friday’s final practice for the Sprint Showdown later that evening.
Only two drivers – the first and second place finishers – will transfer into Saturday’s Sprint All-Star Race, along with a third driver who will be chosen by a fan vote. The fan vote ends Friday at 7 pm ET.
Larson’s top speed was a blistering 194.105 mph, nearly 2 mph faster than second-fastest Aric Almirola (192.438 mph).
Qualifying for Friday night’s race is at 4:10 pm ET, with the actual 20-lap race itself kicking off about three hours later at 7:15 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 0
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2
- Can IndyCar’s next generation take it to the established veterans? 0
- Fernando Alonso talks return in Malaysian GP 2
- Nowhere to go but up for Lotus at Malaysia GP 3
- Malaysian Grand Prix highlights NBCSN’s weekend of motors coverage 0